Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate where did I say sack him after 5 games? I would have said after 5 games let's give him a decent run up until Christmas and if we are struggling badly (as we are now) then sack him.

And I've stated on many occasions that I think we need a British manager in as they understand the British game. Martinez simply does not understand the requirements of the British game hence the players led by a 21 year have had to direct their own tactics this week in an effort not to get humiliated week in week out. We are not wigan or southampton - small provincial clubs - where managers with an outsiders mentality can come in and impose there own ideals on a set of players. We are Everton football club steeped in the very history of the English game.

I really didn't think anyone still did the needing a British manager thing. Are British people born with the inherent knowledge of the game? Because apparently Martinez doesn't understand it despite spending half his life in British football. And why have there been so few successful British managers in recent times? It's also not the British game, it's the English game, and English managers aren't exactly much good at it, it seems.

Well I could do that, and I could also give the stats for RM's first half of his first season, but where would that get us other than at the same point we started at: that both managers are capable of good and bad first half of the seasons, but (and here's the real point) only one is perceived as being capable of putting us in danger.

Not quite IMO. Look who the manager was before our EX. Our EX was seen much more as a saviour than RM was in the summer of 2013.The team that our EX started with was very poor in comparison to the team that RM inherited, he had much better players to form a base the roots of which had been planted by our EX. What did our EX inherit in his first season? Always two sides to a coin.

@davek (sorry can't reply to posts with a quote for some reason)

I don't think anyone was repsonsible for 'agitating others', I think there was (and still is) genuine concern about the level of performances and plenty of us were looking at the table and starting to get nervous.

Listen, there should be more than enough talent in that squad to steer clear of any sort of trouble, but if you get dragged into a dog fight down the bottom you need to scrap to get out of it, and we looked far from capable of that in recent weeks.

Tuesday was an improvement, as at least they should some spirit and varied the tactics, so it's a start but that's all. We need to build on that with a respectable showing tomorrow and a win a WHU on Tuesday.

Lets say how many backers he has when we get taken apart tomorrow and draw against WBA

Even the players have basically come out and said they do not like his approach, That's why they went to him telling him to change it up

Can't think of any other manager in the PL who would have a team of this quality sitting in such a bad position

A draw against WBA?

GET IN.

A draw against WBA?

GET IN.
Happy-Birthday-6.jpg

When you look at our forthcoming 7 fixtures where do you think a couple of consecutive wins are going to come from?

What if the clubs below us mange to pick up a few points then the gap gets closer!
No idea my man. I have learnt that things never really go as planned. Just have to wait and let things happen. A new Manager will hardly make us beat Man City though will he?

I really didn't think anyone still did the needing a British manager thing. Are British people born with the inherent knowledge of the game? Because apparently Martinez doesn't understand it despite spending half his life in British football. And why have there been so few successful British managers in recent times? It's also not the British game, it's the English game, and English managers aren't exactly much good at it, it seems.
Amen!

Steve McLaren mate.

Put 500 with corals on us to go down @25s to go with earlier smaller bets at 250-1 and 150-1. It's the only chance I have of mitigating this nightmare. Knowing my luck we will finish 16th which martinez and his acolytes will trumpet as some kind of triumph over adversity.

Put 500 with corals on us to go down @25s to go with earlier smaller bets at 250-1 and 150-1. It's the only chance I have of mitigating this nightmare. Knowing my luck we will finish 16th which martinez and his acolytes will trumpet as some kind of triumph over adversity.

FFS Kev. Betting on us to go down. (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back