Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've voted no but I know it's out of his hands now as the shi house players have proved 100% today that they want someone else in. Probably someone who doesn't ask them to move that round thing about at pace on the deck and break teams down, a bit like they were doing last season but now it's all a bit too difficult for them so they've downed tools until someone else comes along. Gang of frauds the lot of them and I wish they could all be fine a months wedge for the absolute crap they have served up lately.

Yep that sadly looks the case.

I despise the modern game and the power with the players and agents.

He deserves a lot of criticism, and a rocket up his arse. But we are about to regress even further by changing him unless there is an ideal candidate lined up. It's a policy that seldom works.

Having a bad patch is one thing, having a group of players who are showing no fight, drive or desire for the course is a totally seperate issue.

My argument for his removal is the latter, its the more scarier of the 2 options; its tougher to turn that around than it is to get out of bad form.

Dont think kenwright will sack him, might be time for a bit of support for him from that direction, with a few quotes and a few buys to buck up the spirit in the club.
my main fear is he will do neither and go without the couple of quality players we need to get us going and sit tight and hope for the best.

Having a bad patch is one thing, having a group of players who are showing no fight, drive or desire for the course is a totally seperate issue.

My argument for his removal is the latter, its the more scarier of the 2 options; its tougher to turn that around than it is to get out of bad form.

I'd wait until it's absolute necessary, and I don't think we're at that point yet. As horrible as it is now like.

Lol at the contract extension and mural after one season. Going nowhere folks. Calm down. Whatever opinion people have, the Superstar running this club would look like (an even bigger) fool to sack anyone now.

Who said I want Martinez sacked? I don't.

But the idea that it never works is insane. You sack when and only when you're positive that the manager can't improve you, but when you reach that point, you have to do it.

I've said before that for me that point is next november. Give bobby this year.

That's my point really.

We haven't reached that point. The majority of management changes happen down in the bottom 3. And they get better managers in.

Two problems for us. We aint in the bottom 3. And people will struggle to find a manager that will improve us mid way through a season

It's weird watching Evertonians who didn't want him in the first place almost rubbing their hands with glee at this sequences of results.

I didnt want him mate, I think 1 of my quotes was "Relegation hunting clown", I personally want him to stay tho, last season was last season, but I cant and wont forget it that quickly.

Its very, very worrying currently, but hopefully he can get us through this and back on the "right track".

Exactly right mate. I'm convinced of it now: they see a life of up and under footy with Unsworth or Ferguson and having a great laugh with Ossie and the rest of the funny guys in peace away from the hard task of having to play 21st century football.

Hope I'm wrong, I hope he gets a reaction in the coming weeks, but I suspect these players are in revolt...in fact I think the vast majority of people on this forum do also.

The future looks dire for anyone who believed we were getting back to the School of Science style of play. That place will be permanently locked shut for the next few years at least if these players get their ****ing way.

I was listening on the radio before and a fella called up saying Ferguson had been disruptive behind the scenes. I think Martinez would sling him out straight away if that had been the case but there's something going on behind the scenes with the squad because like you said, those players are absolutely 100% gunning to get Martinez sacked.

You can't train distin and jags to change the way they play, they believe they know better then Martinez. Its a pity stones been injured. Martinez needs money this Jan and sell Howard and release distin and pienarr now. Buy a keeper and defender plus a winger.
Why does jags thinks he knows more than martinez at the end of the day martinez has made him captain.
We have so many brilliant players and yet none are playing to anywhere near their capabilities.
I think you might find more than 5 or 6 players not playing for martinez

Oh. And I would rather sack players before Roberto. Half are duds or finished. The majority of the rest are ridiculously overrated by most on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back