Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening on the radio before and a fella called up saying Ferguson had been disruptive behind the scenes. I think Martinez would sling him out straight away if that had been the case but there's something going on behind the scenes with the squad because like you said, those players are absolutely 100% gunning to get Martinez sacked.
Yip something is wrong Mac
It seemed to start with Distin and seems to have spread
Martinez does not seems like a motivator and that's exactly what we need as the players are seemingly incapable of or prepared to self motivate!

Exactly right mate. I'm convinced of it now: they see a life of up and under footy with Unsworth or Ferguson and having a great laugh with Ossie and the rest of the funny guys in peace away from the hard task of having to play 21st century football.

Hope I'm wrong, I hope he gets a reaction in the coming weeks, but I suspect these players are in revolt...in fact I think the vast majority of people on this forum do also.

The future looks dire for anyone who believed we were getting back to the School of Science style of play. That place will be permanently locked shut for the next few years at least if these players get their ****ing way.

Lets hope you are right Dave because some thing needs to be done to start getting points on the table. Taking on board your feelings about certain players then it is up to the manager to get a grip on this unfortunately there seems to be little sign of this. It is at the moment very difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Me, I don't care who the manager is, I care about our club and winning that is what is important.

Apart from 2 games v Wolfsburg (which we gave up a huge amount of shots on goal against us) and a 3-0 Home win vs a poor Villa we have been garbage since beating Arsenal 3-0. The win at Hull last season was good, but they where already focused on the cup final. Southampton away last season was horrible defencively, and that is now the norm.

As a club we have to go back many, many years to find a pre season in which we failed to win a game.
Alarm bells have been going for a long period now. I desperately wanted Martinez to succeed, but change is needed now.

We've lost our last 5 away games. We need to address that. Last season's away form (reverse order):

Hull W 2-0
Soton L 0-2
Sunderland W 1-0
Fulham W 3-1
Newcastle W 3-0
Chelsea L 0-1
Spurs L 0-1
Liverpool L 0-4
West Brom D 1-1
Stoke D 1-1
Swansea W 2-1
Arsenal D 1-1
United W 1-0
Palace D 0-0
Villa W 2-0
City L 1-3
West Ham W 3-2
Cardiff D 0-0
Norwich D 2-2

W8 D6 L5

We had a decent record but it very often took something special or a piece of luck. Brown scored an og at the Stadium of Light, Barkley scored his first ever freekick and Coleman hit a blinder at the Liberty, Oviedo popped up with a surprise goal at Old Trafford, Ossie had a MOTM performance from the bench at Villa Park and at Upton Park Baines scored two freekicks and Lukaku was knocked unconscious heading the other.

We're not always going to be able to produce something special. We need to learn how to churn out results by more ordinary, easily-replicated methods.

Well we certainly need a leader on the pitch, every shirks responsibility
Jags is too quiet and doesn't seem to motivate
No more than Martinez himself
Shawcross brough in and made captain if Martinez is to stay
And ffs get a defensive coach in and unload the Wigan has beens in the management structure
Like our assistant manager, what has he done for the good?
Agree 100% with your post, except for the bit in bold. Shawcross is a terrible, limited player.

I think the Wigan has-beens in the playing staff might need shifting on. We have Wigan's old manager, we are playing Wigan's old tactics and we are using several of Wigan's old players - it's not a stretch to conclude we will therefore have some Wigan-like results. If the Wigan style and the Wigan manager are staying, then the Wigan players (Kone, Alcaraz and Robles) cannot, because they were part of the reason it didn't work at Wigan.

I said it last week mate, we as blues can tolerate a lot but we don't tolerate shithouses not putting themselves about for the cause.

Half of them are barely arsed. I want them gone regardless when we sort ourselves out of this mess.

This is what worries me the most as well. That sort of attitude is infectious.

The other problem, of course, is the sheer fortune the club are spending on players who offer no positive contributions. You wonder what kind of trickle-down effect it will have on the club over the next few years.

Voted no, but unless there is a radical change over the next two weeks then it will be a yes.

Barry surely cannot start another game, I dont care if McCarthy / Gibson / Osman are injured - put Ledson in there, or Lundstram, or even Baines; they would all be better than him. Alcaraz getting banned at least means he cannot get picked for the next game. Robles hasnt really done anything since he has been here apart from being the worst player in a team composed mostly of reserves. Kone is as bad as he was at Sevilla, which was very bad. Distin is just old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back