Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it last week mate, we as blues can tolerate a lot but we don't tolerate shithouses not putting themselves about for the cause.

Half of them are barely arsed. I want them gone regardless when we sort ourselves out of this mess.
Exactly right mate.

They might get Martinez the sack, but most will also notice they've thrown the towel in and tanked games here.

Howard, Distin, Jagielka, that little ****house Osman and if Ferguson has been stirring it up behind the scenes in the hope he's getting a job I hope he's shown the ****ing door straight after Martinez if he goes.

The summer just gone Martinez should have got rid of all of them. He really has left these hanging about to cause mayhem.

The shower of tvvats. I detest them.

His only option now is to bring about four new players.

a) it will increase competition for places
b) it will provide depth in positions where we currently lack depth
c) it will allow him to ship out some of the players who aren't "buying in" to his style.
d) we need some better players anyway

Completely agree.

Needs a senior goalkeeper, a LM, a CB and a back up winger

But there isn't enough cash

It's obvious he's lost the dressing room, however the reason you've concocted there is nonsense imo

I think they've simply lost faith in him, as happens at clubs up and down the land every season.

If they wanted an easy life I doubt they'd be hankering back for the Moyes era ffs, as he worked them a damn sight harder than Mr Nice does

As confirmed by Mirallas last season.

Do we know why the players are not playing for him?

Because they are shithouses mate. No conviction titty lipped shithouses. They're getting paid loads to wear the shirt and at least look half arsed and they're failing. The tragedy of it is that they have far more talent than Everton teams in the nineties. Loads more talent.

But they can't be arsed for some reason. Not clearing Martinez of any blame too, he needs to sort it out but the players need to stand up equally.

Exactly right mate.

They might get Martinez the sack, but most will also notice they've thrown the towel in and tanked games here.

Howard, Distin, Jagielka, that little ****house Osman and if Ferguson has been stirring it up behind the scenes in the hope he's getting a job I hope he's shown the ****ing door straight after Martinez if he goes.

The summe just gone Martinez should have got rid of all of them. He really has left these hanging about to cause mayhem.

The shower of tvvats. I detest them.

Fully [Poor language removed] agree. Senior players have been a disgrace this season.

Who do you think the culprits are Chico?
Distin, McCarthy?, Baines, Lukaku, Jags

For sure Howard, Distin and Pienaar are well past their best and need to be replaced... along with Gibson, Alcaraz, Kone all of whom are simply not good enough. Whether you choose to add Ossie and Hibbo (who always goes out to give of his best) to the list of potential departees is a personal choice... but if you're simply going on age, then Barry and Eto'o and maybe even Jags would need to be included.

Jags has never been the same player since the injury that put him out of the 2009 cup final, For whatever reason Barry is a shadow of the player we had last season, and Eto'o might just be a luxury we can't afford right now. Where McGeady is concerned, I'd be willing to reserve final judgement until I've seen a full 90 minutes of him playing out wide purely as a winger taking people on and putting crosses into the box.

your right there, Baines , Barkley who tried without it really coming off, naismith and bryan when he came on and coleman second half put a bit of effort in, jags is trying but its not happening, and kone you could make a case for because he has been out so long , the rest need to look at themselves.

Yeah agree with those names mate. Nyarko would get a game in our midfield at the moment edge.

I just can't get my head around the fact that these players don't want to play for Martinez. This same group of players (and manager) took us to 5th last season including a double over united, 4 points off arsenal and beating Chelsea in the process. If
the set of results of this season had occurred last season, I could understand players 'not buying into Roberto's ideas'. He has publicly backed the players (too much in my opinion). But in saying that something has happened behind the scenes, as when you see the level of performances and the talent our squad possesses, something is seriously wrong. I never want an everton manger sacked (as I want them all to be successful) but somehow I just so want Roberto to turn it around, as he seems to love the club. Saying that an improved contract and mural after one season shows a small time mentality in the heirachy of the club.

But out squad is not bottom halve quality. Martinez has ensured that with his naive football philosophies

Of course its not. But its also not at that point when we're in danger of being adrift that were desperate to get out of.

We've been here before.

2005 - 2006 - 15th 23 points
2009 - 2010 - 12th 22 points
2010 - 2011 - 13th 20 points

Barry surely cannot start another game, I dont care if McCarthy / Gibson / Osman are injured - put Ledson in there, or Lundstram, or even Baines; they would all be better than him. Alcaraz getting banned at least means he cannot get picked for the next game. Robles hasnt really done anything since he has been here apart from being the worst player in a team composed mostly of reserves. Kone is as bad as he was at Sevilla, which was very bad. Distin is just old.
eec.jpg

Because they are shithouses mate. No conviction titty lipped shithouses. They're getting paid loads to wear the shirt and at least look half arsed and they're failing. The tragedy of it is that they have far more talent than Everton teams in the nineties. Loads more talent.

But they can't be arsed for some reason. Not clearing Martinez of any blame too, he needs to sort it out but the players need to stand up equally.

Defo. It's not just Martinez. It's the players too.

Some aren't very good. Some are fannies. Some are just old.

Add to the managers errors and its a pretty lethal combination of badness.

I have no idea what's best next to be honest. Hence I've not voted here. It might work getting rid of him. It might make things worse.

For me today was his pink slip match. Having made the journey i feel qualified to say that we are in very real danger of relegation.

Nothing is changing and the 2nd goal was farcical.

This is not kneejerk. We just haven't been right since april and in the interests of professionalism any manager who gets 0 points from our last 4 fixtures should be sacked

For the first time i say MARTINEZ OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back