Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon they speak on a regular basis, possibly on the phone tonight, maybe will speak to him tomorrow but it won't be a dismissal. Kenwright would have to pay big money to sack him.

This - + if we do sack him we won't have big money for a decent manager - and or new players. Its a tricky one. On the other hand - we simply can't afford to risk getting sent down - so he has maybe 5 games left max to start turning things around.

Bloody hell mate couldn't you find something with more compelling evidence than a forum where there's only 1 page of comments and a fb page with only 118 likes lol

I know what you mean anyway mate It just made me chuckle

1. St. Anthony of Padua is the patron of things lost. Pride???

2. Unless Kenwright is even more of a tosser than I think, there'll be clauses in R M's contract to cover exceptional circumstances.

A top 6 team wouldn't employ him. I honestly considered him for the Arsenal job but he's not ready for that yet, at the moment he isn't ready for Everton

And? If we go down, he'll leave us and get another prem job.

We know his loyalty and the limits to that from Wigan. Villa and the RS wanted him but, as long as wigan were in the prem, he turned them down, minute wigan got relegated, he leaves to us.

Bobby will be the same with us, he won't leave while we're in the prem but if we go down, he might find he fancies that villa job after all.

I mean, we won't go down, but the idea that if we do, it's our choice who we sack and keep is very naive. We'll keep whoever we can, in that case, most won't want to be here.

I've voted no because of what he achieved last season. I'd say he's on very thin ice at the moment though because we look like the worst team in the league right now

We've got quite a few players who are underperforming, so he had to change things round. I think that the goals against Newcastle were largely down to individual errors.

We should have cut out the cross that led to Cisse's goal and tracked the runner to see the ball out of play. We should have cleared our lines in the lead up to Perez's goal. And Barkley miscontrolled the ball for the third. Distin overcompensated for Garbutt, which wasn't necessary as Baines was playing in front of him, and got dragged out to the left wing far too often. Alcaraz had to come over to cover for him and that left Coleman as the only man in the middle. Barkley saw the danger and tried to plug the gap.

Distin worries me at the best of times with his poor positional sense and the way that he tries to dribble out of tight corners. You don't see the teams with the strong defensive records, particularly Chelsea, doing that. They clear their lines. We shoot ourselves in the foot far too often.

When the players know the system isn't working and it is making their job impossible, is it any wonder their heads drop when their manager pushes them to do more of the same? You can bet they've talked this through in training and after games, it speaks for their professionalism that they'll continue to go out and do as they're told even though it was obvious months ago it was failing.
How bad does it have to get before Martinez concedes that the madness to his method is the issue? Stubborness is great, when it's a manager sinking someone elses club.

He picks the side, he sends them out to perform technically above what they can manage, he doesn't change it, he carries the can when it comes to it. I hope it doesn't but enough bad luck, and injuries is slowly forcing the clubs hand. His inability to change it up is his digging his own grave.

The morons (and king moron) blaming Hibbert, Osman, Naismith and Ferguson (wtf!) are kidding themselves and trying to kid you. The best way to pipe a shyster down is to call them out and then laugh at them. A few too many shysters trying to call the shots on here of late.

Martinez is explaining with his methods that he has learned very little to nothing from his days having Wigan play above average going forwards and like a bunch of startled lambs trying to defend. He has to change it, for his future and for Evertons in the Premier League.

Time is seriously ticking.

Bloody hell mate couldn't you find something with more compelling evidence than a forum where there's only 1 page of comments and a fb page with only 118 likes lol

I know what you mean anyway mate It just made me chuckle

Probably lol but I just did a quick google to try and gauge reactions after this game - and came across a couple of wigan posts stating very similar concerns - I'm sure I could find much more if I could be arsed lol

And? If we go down, he'll leave us and get another prem job.

We know his loyalty and the limits to that from Wigan. Villa and the RS wanted him but, as long as wigan were in the prem, he turned them down, minute wigan got relegated, he leaves to us.

Bobby will be the same with us, he won't leave while we're in the prem but if we go down, he might find he fancies that villa job after all.

I mean, we won't go down, but the idea that if we do, it's our choice who we sack and keep is very naive. We'll keep whoever we can, in that case, most won't want to be here.

It's not the Everton way to get relegated but we can't hide from it anymore. "But we're Everton, we're too good to go down" I wish I could adopt that attitude towards it but when looking at the table, 21 points from 20 games which means we need to perform better against the teams we've already played and pick up another 21 points. 21 points is 7 wins but 21 points looks a long way off right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back