Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Managers cost a few million - no where near the value of top players. What is the obsession with 'they would need funds to add to improve the squad' most on here believe we have players that are good enough. If most of the team are out of form...why is that do you think?

And WTF are that coaching team about? Jones/Lawrence/Ferguson (without the badges?) et al - coaches are there to improve players; their touch/awareness/sharpness. I am not seeing that

If we had to pay a few mill in comp to Bobby and then contract a decent manager that's a fair chunk of change. So we would have less to spend in Jan if he went now. I guarantee most on here do not believe we have a good enough squad to challenge for Europe - not far off but we clearly do need to strengthen in a few areas.

You are spot on about the coaching staff though.

If we had to pay a few mill in comp to Bobby and then contract a decent manager that's a fair chunk of change. So we would have less to spend in Jan if he went now. I guarantee most on here do not believe we have a good enough squad to challenge for Europe - not far off but we clearly do need to strengthen in a few areas.

You are spot on about the coaching staff though.
I wonder how much is actually available in january

I'll be honest, I've only been concerned since Spurs/QPR/Southampton.

Obviously 4 losses on the trot is crap but let's have at least a little more patience.

I'm not saying 'let's never ever get rid regardless of how we end up', but sacking seems a little premature to me at the moment.

i don't think we'll be in a relegation battle myself, we're in poor form atm, but this is still a team that has beaten teams like wolfsburg 4-1 this season, different competition and all.

we'll improve eventually, we're still 13th after an utterly dismal run, the teams below us go 4 losses in a row regularly, but i'm not sure sacking martinez would be the way to go should it happen. he has plenty of experience in relegation battles like, he's won more than he's lost, obviously you'd hope to have someone who's never lost one.

but what do we do? hire a manager who will guarantee us survival, but come next season the best we can wish for is mid-table as they're too incompetant to do any better? or stick with martinez who keeps us up and then next season has us back up competing for 4th, 5th or 6th again? he's attracted a few high calibre signings to everton let's not forget.

getting a manager from the lower leagues who will help us stay up ain't going to be doing good business this summer you'd imagine and won't have teams like barcelona willing to offer us their brightest youngsters.

not underestimating the championship btw, i know it's a very good standard, but even players like osman would shine brightly in it. you see so many players like charlie adam who are one of the best in the league, but when they get to the prem you realise they're pretty tosh.

This has not been a 4 game run, we've have been playing awful all season. Every team presses us and pushes us back and then presses some more, we cannot get past this.

Players with no motivation and no desire is far worse than in a team on a 4 game loosing streak

This has not been a 4 game run, we've have been playing awful all season. Every team presses us and pushes us back and then presses some more, we cannot get past this.

Players with no motivation and no desire is far worse than in a team on a 4 game loosing streak
They look like they have given up

not underestimating the championship btw, i know it's a very good standard, but even players like osman would shine brightly in it. you see so many players like charlie adam who are one of the best in the league, but when they get to the prem you realise they're pretty tosh.

Please can you stop talking about us in the Championship mate? It's horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back