Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But but but, Wigan's form once from February to the end of the season would have won them the league if they'd started it in September....

i don't think we'll be in a relegation battle myself, we're in poor form atm, but this is still a team that has beaten teams like wolfsburg 4-1 this season, different competition and all.

we'll improve eventually, we're still 13th after an utterly dismal run, the teams below us go 4 losses in a row regularly, but i'm not sure sacking martinez would be the way to go should it happen. he has plenty of experience in relegation battles like, he's won more than he's lost, obviously you'd hope to have someone who's never lost one.

but what do we do? hire a manager who will guarantee us survival, but come next season the best we can wish for is mid-table as they're too incompetant to do any better? or stick with martinez who keeps us up and then next season has us back up competing for 4th, 5th or 6th again? he's attracted a few high calibre signings to everton let's not forget.

getting a manager from the lower leagues who will help us stay up ain't going to be doing good business this summer you'd imagine and won't have teams like barcelona willing to offer us their brightest youngsters.

If that happens it's a no brainer but we don't know that's how things will turn out.

Your age is relevant because you have watched very little football compared to me there for you don't have the footballing education I do

*pats head*
Be a weird experience for you that, patting a head with hair on it.

I'll be honest, I've only been concerned since Spurs/QPR/Southampton.

Obviously 4 losses on the trot is crap but let's have at least a little more patience.

I'm not saying 'let's never ever get rid regardless of how we end up', but sacking seems a little premature to me at the moment.

I'm concerned about the future, obviously he could turn it around with who we've got but that's not looking likely right now and we need players. Not like backups, but actual starting 11 players given the performance of a select few this season so far.

Will Kenwright back him with a shed load of cash to get in a goalkeeper, a centre back, a winger of starting 11 quality this Jan or in the summer? Or does he wait and see how we finish get rid but then still have to give the new manager money to get players.

Lets be realistic here, Howard, Distin, Alcaraz, Hibbert, Pienaar, Osman even Barry and Kone all need replacing and that's a lot of players so a fair bit of cash is needed for someone.

I'm concerned about the future, obviously he could turn it around with who we've got but that's not looking likely right now and we need players. Not like backups, but actual starting 11 players given the performance of a select few this season so far.

Will Kenwright back him with a shed load of cash to get in a goalkeeper, a centre back, a winger of starting 11 quality this Jan or in the summer? Or does he wait and see how we finish get rid but then still have to give the new manager money to get players.

Lets be realistic here, Howard, Distin, Alcaraz, Hibbert, Pienaar, Osman even Barry and Kone all need replacing and that's a lot of players so a fair bit of cash is needed for someone.

The big problem is that so many of the players who are not performing are ones Martinez bought to this club. Or ones he gave new contracts too.

This is his team. Which is somewhat worrying in terms of his ability to spot a player.

Factually incorrect
What so the years of wages, tribunal fee's, being taken to court by Leeds has cost us a penny or the bit where he can negotiate a move away for an even lesser fee based on what we paid for him even though we will have no say on that fee?

The big problem is that so many of the players who are not performing are ones Martinez bought to this club. Or ones he gave new contracts too.

This is his team. Which is somewhat worrying in terms of his ability to spot a player.
Very good point and for a man who relies on wingers mcgeady and atsu are poor signings.

I'd like to know what your view is; its a simple question Dave
You've had my view over and over. Stop deflecting: you were found out and are struggling to deny you ALWAYS wanted Martinez out. Pretty much end of story really, despite your feeble attempts to cover your tracks here by asking me nonsensical questions.

Well done, you're nearly there with your strange fantasy of seeing a very good manager thrown out of the club. Let's see if you get the reward for it and you get that great euro coach eh. Unfortunately you're way more likely to get Big Stubbsy or some other bellend called Big Something or other...and then I'll laugh me bollocks off at your wishful thinking.

Which is why I'm even more worried because Kenwright has to make big decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back