Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What so the years of wages, tribunal fee's, being taken to court by Leeds has cost us a penny or the bit where he can negotiate a move away for an even lesser fee based on what we paid for him even though we will have no say on that fee?

I'm glad you've acknowledged your previous statement was factually incorrect

With the money going round in the premier league i think he will take the situation more seriously.
If the team are not playing for martinez he will be gone.
Someone from within the club has got to act now because we are in a real mess

The players should be more professional.

We pay their wages. Not Martinez

Still, it'll all be worthwhile for them when they're playing cards, snooker and golf everyday with Unsy and Duncan and not having to do that hard passing stuff anymore.

to be fair mate we haven't a fkn clue that Unsworth and Duncan have anything to do with what may or may not be going on behind the scenes at the minute, in terms of any potential player revolts anyway

for all we know they could be tearing their hair out as much as anyone over the recent run of losses

Ha obviously! I'd happily forfeit both cup runs right now if it meant we were in the top flight next year.

Just laughing at "we'd win the Championship with ease"... Oh yeah, sure. I imagine in this scenario we still have Lukaku, Mirallas, McCarthy and Barkley et al firing 'em in against Bournemouth or whatever.

Relegation would probably murder the club and we'd be in Leeds territory for 20 years following it, if we were lucky. Our entire club financially rests on being in the Premier League. And people would be OK with that as long as we won the European Mickey Mouse cup?

Christ.
We're more important than one man.

Just as top flight status is more important than a cup (if it's an either/or question).

to be fair mate we haven't a fkn clue that Unsworth and Duncan have anything to do with what may or may not be going on behind the scenes at the minute, in terms of any potential player revolts anyway

for all we know they could be tearing their hair out as much as anyone over the recent run of losses

There is no way either Duncan or Unsworth wouId ever end up as manager of EFC.

I doubt Duncan would be revolting either. He sits with Martinez on the bench and Martinez brought him in.

They should be more professional and the manager should act like a manager.
If a player is causing havoc behind the scenes he should be taken out of the 1st team squad

Employment law obviously plays a part. Certainly any player who is stirring trouble should be disciplined

Your comment about Martinez however is nonsense

55% NO

If only those tanking players could back their manager in that proportion we might get a half a decent performance.

Still, it'll all be worthwhile for them when they're playing cards, snooker and golf everyday with Unsy and Duncan and not having to do that hard passing stuff anymore.

Well in lads.

If you're right about the players rebellion, then I'd say there's no way back, Martinez has to go so we can move forward as a team. On the other hand, even though I voted yes, I'm coming round to the view that if the players are still behind him, maybe we should stick, why bring in a Lennon or a Sherwood now when as long as we steer clear of relegation there's not too much at stake, and there'll be better managers available in the summer.

There is no way either Duncan or Unsworth wouId ever end up as manager of EFC.

I doubt Duncan would be revolting either. He sits with Martinez on the bench and Martinez brought him in.
I think Duncan will one day. Not yet, mind.

And if anyone suggests, as bad as it seems at the moment, Owen Coyle, I shall kill them in the face.

I think Duncan will one day. Not yet, mind.

And if anyone suggests, as bad as it seems at the moment, Owen Coyle, I shall kill them in the face.

I've resisted the Owen Coyle shouts to spare the children.

But I can say this there is an element of agenda going on with certain posters.

The quoting 'IMWT' earlier and the irony of it considering the same ones wanted Martinez and generated the 'school of science is on its way back' song is not lost on me.

@davek

I tell you Dave. There should certainly be some discussion tomorrow about certain players attitudes.

Not challenging for the second ball

Not passing it with enough aggression

I'd be having some in tomorrow if I were Martinez

zzPROP140412-032-Sunderland_Everton.jpg

See, this is why we should never have banners. Or giant cringeworthy murals.

I hope Martinez keeps Garbutt behind after training and makes him shower alone. Before entering in and BUMMING him hard despite young Luke's struggles and cries for help which no one hears.

Luke will then learn from his error and grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back