Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't be serious watching this fake defending. You actually think they give a **** or are trying in any way shape or form?

They're going through the motions getting the manager the sack.

No question AT ALL.
With regard to today Gareth Barry is not a centre half,with a centre half on the bench it's absolutely unforgivable to play Barry there,that's the managers own doing for me mate

Getting around the swear filter is not allowed. You'll find out soon enough.

Well, your boss Saurman will be littering his dunny when you convey that to him. Off you toddle, hope for your sake his retribuion is less for his stooge than it is the vitriol he casts with no evidence at those in and around the side.

Point and laugh.

Kamikaze defending, midfield is covering defence, defence is rushing to cover midfield. Discipline. We are doing 90% of the oppo's job for them.

That's the managers call. God love him.

Our players (it's no longer a side) are struggling to cope with the system, pass it off and responsibility for the fudge up is gone. The players we have can't do a Barca job. Sorry to the Martinez apologists but thats the fact. The big fact. The only fact. The fact that counts, the fact that matters, the fact that if we dont change will factually have Everton FC relegated. Fact fact diddly fact.

Our forward play is ponderous, its predictable, its pedestrian, and its perillous for our defending. So slow, so lacking in taking a chance and making a run. I'm wondering if Pienaar can't be azzed because in the current regime there is no room for him - why go out and look bad where you have no other option. Experienced pro's.

With possession play breaking down at the back, no one is making runs because the ball aint coming to them anyway, we're static because the side is crapping its pants, or rather the individuals are - the team ethic, the togetherness has been erroded finally. Thanks the system of Roberto - keep goin laaa, we'll be non league if it keeps going.

Moyes was a defensive driller, loved it, it was his oxygen, if you can't go and win it then make sure you spoil it for them. Martinez seems to be win at all costs even if it means getting spanked 4 games in 5. It's nuts. Saha was a more natural link up man for a striker compared to Yak and Lukaku, he worked the flanks and spread the ball to them (flanks) when he was found center. Yak was just a 38 year old powerhouse that loved a tussle and slapping down CB's. Shame we got him so late and his age caught up with him. Yaks work off the ball (pre injury) was miles different to Lukaku. That's why he's here and not on Chelsea's books.

Make us hard to beat, learn to get rid of the ball before we cut our own throat. Pragmatism. Possession is fine, especially when we are leading, but flogging a dead horse aint gonna make it live and breath and kick again. The individuals that used to be a side cant take much more beating day in day out, thats why match days are so bad. Do some learning or pish off and never look back.

(Not a mither at you BillyCopper)

We pretty much agree. I like Roberto a lot, I think he's been a breath of fresh air at the club and i'd ideally like us to play possession-based football.

The teams that are masters at it such as Barca, Real and Bayern have top level internationals all over the park and world-beaters at the end of it. It's very difficult for us to emulate them. We've got quite a few pros coming to the end of their careers (Jags, Distin, Barry, Osman, Pienaar etc) and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Maybe Stones, McCarthy, Besic, Barkley and Lukaku are technically-gifted enough and still young enough to take it on board? Coleman, Baines and Mirallas are comfortable on the ball anyway and Naismith plays with his brain. It's still going to take a while for the evolution to take place though. We can't expect to go from Moyes hoofball to playing like a continental side in the space of 18 months. Martinez needs time to build a dynasty. It would be fantastic if he could mould our youngsters like Garbutt, Ledson and Browning and create a phenomenon like modern day Dortmund or Ajax in the nineties. If anyone can do it I imagine that Roberto is the man. Kenwright needs to hold his nerve though.

Our defending is very worrying at the moment. Didn't we have the third best defence in the league last year? So, we can definitely do it. I imagine it's a whole combination of factors including injuries, the disruption of the World Cup, an ageing squad and generally being too naive. Hopefully once we have Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Stones, Baines and McCarthy fit we should be a lot tighter. That could be weeks away though and we need to address things now. I think that we need to become a defensive, scrappy side until we've pulled ourselves to safety. It doesn't matter what system or personnel we use if we're camped out on the edge of our box. Jagielka, Distin, Alcaraz and Barry could play the game at walking pace and they wouldn't get so stretched. A couple of clean sheets would build confidence and inviting teams on to us would leave space for Mirallas, Lukaku and Barkley to exploit with their pace.

In January we're going to need a senior 'keeper even if only as back up to Joel. Atsu will be away at the ACON. Maybe he'll be flying on his return and Roberto will phase him in in the new year just as he did with Deulofeu? We do look short on options out wide though with Pienaar's fitness, McGeady still finding his feet and Mirallas being sidelined fairly regularly. Perhaps we'll move for someone on loan? Maybe Scott Sinclair? If we take a goalie and a winger that's our remaining loans used up. We're not likely to have a lot of money to spend but I'd like to see us bring in a midfield scrapper. If we're going to get sucked into a dogfight Barry is too old, Gibson is too injury-prone, Besic is too hot-headed and McCarthy is having his fitness battle. Maybe someone like Joe Ledley would be a strong character in the dressing room, a leader on the pitch if the chips are down and help to weaken one of our rivals near the bottom? I'm not thinking of him as a long-term solution but we need someone who already knows the league, wouldn't be too expensive, not injury-prone and wouldn't go missing.

Well, your boss Saurman will be littering his dunny when you convey that to him. Off you toddle, hope for your sake his retribuion is less for his stooge than it is the vitriol he casts with no evidence at those in and around the side.

Point and laugh.

This doesn't even make any sense

We pretty much agree. I like Roberto a lot, I think he's been a breath of fresh air at the club and i'd ideally like us to play possession-based football.

The teams that are masters at it such as Barca, Real and Bayern have top level internationals all over the park and world-beaters at the end of it. It's very difficult for us to emulate them. We've got quite a few pros coming to the end of their careers (Jags, Distin, Barry, Osman, Pienaar etc) and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Maybe Stones, McCarthy, Besic, Barkley and Lukaku are technically-gifted enough and still young enough to take it on board? Coleman, Baines and Mirallas are comfortable on the ball anyway and Naismith plays with his brain. It's still going to take a while for the evolution to take place though. We can't expect to go from Moyes hoofball to playing like a continental side in the space of 18 months. Martinez needs time to build a dynasty. It would be fantastic if he could mould our youngsters like Garbutt, Ledson and Browning and create a phenomenon like modern day Dortmund or Ajax in the nineties. If anyone can do it I imagine that Roberto is the man. Kenwright needs to hold his nerve though.

Our defending is very worrying at the moment. Didn't we have the third best defence in the league last year? So, we can definitely do it. I imagine it's a whole combination of factors including injuries, the disruption of the World Cup, an ageing squad and generally being too naive. Hopefully once we have Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Stones, Baines and McCarthy fit we should be a lot tighter. That could be weeks away though and we need to address things now. I think that we need to become a defensive, scrappy side until we've pulled ourselves to safety. It doesn't matter what system or personnel we use if we're camped out on the edge of our box. Jagielka, Distin, Alcaraz and Barry could play the game at walking pace and they wouldn't get so stretched. A couple of clean sheets would build confidence and inviting teams on to us would leave space for Mirallas, Lukaku and Barkley to exploit with their pace.

In January we're going to need a senior 'keeper even if only as back up to Joel. Atsu will be away at the ACON. Maybe he'll be flying on his return and Roberto will phase him in in the new year just as he did with Deulofeu? We do look short on options out wide though with Pienaar's fitness, McGeady still finding his feet and Mirallas being sidelined fairly regularly. Perhaps we'll move for someone on loan? Maybe Scott Sinclair? If we take a goalie and a winger that's our remaining loans used up. We're not likely to have a lot of money to spend but I'd like to see us bring in a midfield scrapper. If we're going to get sucked into a dogfight Barry is too old, Gibson is too injury-prone, Besic is too hot-headed and McCarthy is having his fitness battle. Maybe someone like Joe Ledley would be a strong character in the dressing room, a leader on the pitch if the chips are down and help to weaken one of our rivals near the bottom? I'm not thinking of him as a long-term solution but we need someone who already knows the league, wouldn't be too expensive, not injury-prone and wouldn't go missing.

Quick reply. I'd like Martinez to be the man to do the business, it took 3/4 of a season to suss him fully, but when oppo's took his midfield distributor off him, he was goosed. Maybe a CB and a CM are the requirement, but with sides cutting midfield off they are making the defnece sweat. A breath of fresh air, yes, off the back of a Moyes drilled defence. It took some corroding, but its gone. Very gone.

I've had to many drinks now to hold my own properly, so I'll leave it here and come back to pretend some more tomorrow. I'm just a supporter, my words and ideas mean less than nothing and I pays my way and takes my choice as the days go by. I'd like success, I'd like a bit of graft. Tired.

Feel for Bobby here but the majority of sh1thouse players have downed tools and there is only one result.

I don't think he'll get to the Albion game. Lose the next 2 and last 6 and he's a gonner.

He's been sold down the river by player power, sad, but he hasn't helped himself either with ridiculous team selections and no plan B.

Can't believe people think we don't have the money to sack him, Kenwright is a businessman, a few mil of compo against possible relegation is a no brainer.

Some good points there but why loan a goalkeeper? Let's get one in as our new number 1,Joel is garbage and Howard is nearing his end

Feel for Bobby here but the majority of sh1thouse players have downed tools and there is only one result.

I don't think he'll get to the Albion game. Lose the next 2 and last 6 and he's a gonner.

He's been sold down the river by player power, sad, but he hasn't helped himself either with ridiculous team selections and no plan B.

Can't believe people think we don't have the money to sack him, Kenwright is a businessman, a few mil of compo against possible relegation is a no brainer.
Kenwright is a businessman? Really? Destination Kirkby,Fortress Sports Fund ring any bells,24 hours from bankruptcy.........

He should have a month at the most to save his job, we need results and if we leave it any longer than that it could be too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back