Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Martinez wants to play has shown up the limitations of some players that were comfortable under Moyes, Jags, Distin and Howard. Get rid and don't attempt to play it out from the back. Get played even when playing poorly and this resulted in the youngster not being given a go. When Martinez is giving them a go and they don't like it.

There was a lot of finger pointing and players having a go at each other yesterday because of misplaced passes and/or lack of movement. Hope this continues into Finch Farm and they have a right dust up with each other.

What I can't work out is Barry's attitude. Martinez gave him a new lease of life. Is he peed off with the players around him and/or is it because he is being asked to do things to compensate for those player around him. And he can't do it. At Newcastle midway through the second half he just hoofed it down to no-one and did it a few times.

Has bringing in the likes of Eto'o upset the established order of things? Has playing Alcaraz ahead of Distin pushed his nose out of joint? Has playing Kone ahead of Lukaku upset him? Is Mirallas a bit cheesed off? In other words are there a few different groups of players that are not working together?

There was an odd thing yesterday when Lukaku looked over to Martinez standing on the touchline and seemed to be wanting some advice and Martinez didn't respond but one of the coach got up and indicated to him to go wide right.

If everything is not right in the camp. Martinez should isolate them and kick they into the long grass. And say thanks but here's you P45 now p*ss off.
It's amazing to me because Martinez has stated in the past that he would only bring in players with the right attitude who complimented the group, so I can't fathom how 'groups' would spring up with conflicting views. The matter seems clear to me: no matter how much Martinez pacifies them they are and always have been for the most part Moyes players and some of them never accepted Martinez or were willing to give the man a chance.

They're an utter disgrace to the shirt they were. You'd think they were multi trophy winning players. Most of them are no marks and will remain no marks for their whole careers. Where they get their entitlement to call the shots from I don't know.

It's amazing to me because Martinez has stated in the past that he would only bring in players with the right attitude who complimented the group, so I can't fathom how 'groups' would spring up with conflicting views. The matter seems clear to me: no matter how much Martinez pacifies them they are and always have been for the most part Moyes players and some of them never accepted Martinez or were willing to give the man a chance.

They're an utter disgrace to the shirt they were. You'd think they were multi trophy winning players. Most of them are no marks and will remain no marks for their whole careers.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Priceless David.

Almost 60% now in the pro Martinez camp. Sanity prevailing again as the knee jerk runs aground.

We can only hope the useless ****s in blue jerseys back Martinez as much.

More conspiracy theories in here than a Jeffrey Archer novel.

You couldn't make it up.

Guy Fawkes must be turning in his grave.

actually mate he was hung, drawn and quartered, the body parts were then each taken to the four corners of the kingdom and displayed as a warning to others who messed about with fireworks

I think the same thing happened to William "Bravefart" Wallace

You cant blame Moyes for somebody playing Sammy Eto'o as a left winger meat.
This goes beyond playing Eto'o out wide or Barkley for that matter.

The whole team are defending like they want the opposition to score three every game.

It is what it is: an insurrection by overpaid and, for the most part, under talented players who could give a flying **** whether they stab their own fans in the back along with the manager they're quite obviously stabbing in the back.

There isn't a scrap of good will or understanding you could offer those bell ends.

actually mate he was hung, drawn and quartered, the body parts were then each taken to the four corners of the kingdom and displayed as a warning to others who messed about with fireworks

And his head must be displayed in London Bridge or Tower of London?

I read somewhere that Wallace did a lot of bad things too.

This goes beyond playing Eto'o out wide or Barkley for that matter.

The whole team are defending like they want the opposition to score three every game.

It is what it is: an insurrection by overpaid and, for the most part, under talented players who could give a flying **** whether they stab their own fans in the back along with the manager they're quite obviously stabbing in the back.

There isn't a scrap of good will or understanding you could offer those bell ends.

This is the crux of it. You can rightfully call out Robbie for not tackling our problem with width and speed on the counter, but why is the same back four and central midfield we had last year rolling out red carpets for mediocre, championship level players all of a sudden? Our "good pros" are verifiably making less tackles, saves and clearances while making absolutely horrendous errors that they barely seem to be even willing to try and salvage afterwards.

They're an utter disgrace to the shirt they were. You'd think they were multi trophy winning players. Most of them are no marks and will remain no marks for their whole careers. Where they get their entitlement to call the shots from I don't know.

I am not trying to be fun but them sounds like a group. It would not be surprising if there were 'groups' that were forming. I take Barry as my starting point. All is not right with him. He has been a model professional for the vast majority of his career but seems really peed off. Why? Is he annoyed that there are players undermining the manager and he is feeling the strain? That certain players are not making themselves available to receive the ball because he is perceived as a Martinez man. There were a few Naismith and Baines who had a go at Kone yesterday for losing the ball and then not moving into space but said nothing to Barkley or Lukaku who did the same.

If you are talking about the likes of Jags, Distin and Howard and/or Ossie or Pienaar as being those attempting to create disharmony then they should be shown the door. We wouldn't be the first club whereby a group forms that undermines the manager. Hodgson was undermined by Gerrard and Carragher who let it be known that they didn't rate his signing and did their utmost to get rid of him. Which they did.

The next 2 games will be interesting to see who Martinez plays and what attitude they display in a blue shirt. Let's see those that want to wear the shirt with pride and try and bust a gut for the cause and those that are going through the motions. Maybe that is why Martinez has picked certain sides because of the attitude of the players in training. Which has resulted in square pegs in round holes. Or maybe not.

But there is one thing for sure. He restored pride back into Everton FC last season with his bold football played with a style and swagger not seen for many a year at Goodison. It is not the way Martinez wants us to play that is the problems but whether certain players want to work hard enough to play a simple pass and move system.

Are you suggesting this is what should happen to Martinez if he gets us relegated?!

Harsh

... But fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back