Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

That Wigan team must have been full of conspirators as well; shipping goals for fun and giving up every game.

Nailed it, it's alcarez and kone; those bastards
Question for you - do you think this team in the last few weeks have been giving 100%?

That Wigan team must have been full of conspirators as well; shipping goals for fun and giving up every game.

Nailed it, it's alcarez and kone; those bastards

I take it last season's defensive record was because of some sort of residual Moyes effect? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZ

On the old adage from our EX, a team needs 40 points to be safe without any anxieties. We have currently 21 which means we need as a minimum to get 19. The permutations of course are large but shall we say 5 wins and 4 draws. realistically can the team achieve that from the last 19 games we have to play? Based on what I have posted it is certainly possible and we are left with 10 games spare. So arguably a managerial change may not be required to turn it round but what evidence is there that RM can. It does look unlikely that we will be in Europe next season unless we win the EL cup but it is a tall order taking on CL teams in there.

Watching the Spurs game last night,I recalled we played like that last season so what is wrong with that style. RM tried his style on Wigan and we know the result, that is the style he is now putting on us and with the same results. RM will not change and I cannot see him getting us back to that style of football (which wins games). His transfer dealings have left the club with some awful players which we will find very difficult to shift along with the "deadwood" that DaveK highlights, in view of which the rest of season will be difficult but as I commented earlier we could and should get out of trouble.

Next season is another matter and to be fair that does not look promising. I would if there is one around like to get a manager who sees the game like De Gaal, Patchattino, Koeman for example. IF the style that RM is pushing is 21st century football why are other managers not taking it onboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back