Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing a new manager could offer at this point is a team talk really. And I'd much prefer that option over Roberto sending out the lads who must have little or no respect for him as their manager.

With the players current state of mind, I've no doubt we will be an absolute shambles on Saturday and he'll be out of a job by Monday anyway.

My solution would be to bring in Gary Neville tomorrow and see if he can give the players some belief going into the game.

Would even put him on a 2 year contract.

There, I've said it.

“It’s a defining week, but with big excitement,” said Martinez. “To be in a semi-final of the FA Cup is an incredible opportunity and we’re all very excited, but that’s something we will address after Wednesday.

“We have five games left in the league and we want to finish as strong as we can.

“The derby is more than a game, it’s not just three points but an opportunity to make our fans proud – we know we are facing a team in good form and we’re looking forward to playing a big part in this derby.

“It is a defining week in our season, just like any team still involved in more than one competition. I wouldn’t like to go throughout this season without a defining week, just like how the quarter-final was a defining week and we were successful.”

When asked if he needed to win one of the next two games, he said: “Football is about results, it is a results business and I will never be stupid enough to look away from that aspect.

“The first day that I arrived at the football club, I’m the one that I brought the expectations on, I’m the one that I drive the hunger and desire to take Everton where we should be, which is competing for silverware, competing for the best things, playing attractive football, playing teams eye-to-eye and that’s what we’re going to do.

“We’re looking forward to the Merseyside derby and we all know we need our fans more than ever, we need to fight every action on the pitch together, and it is our opportunity to show how good we can be together.”

I think we´ve seen and heard enough.

If he is in charge on Saturday there is no hope. If he is not, there just might be a glimmer. Even a temporary appointment will give the players a lift, knowing that they will be playing for a new manager next season.

there must be someone from within the club that the players have respect for. That would be my choice until the end of the season.

Much better than them all staring blankly at Roberto pre Wembley, knowing in their heart of hearts they wont put the effort in

“The derby is more than a game, it’s not just three points but an opportunity to make our fans proud – we know we are facing a team in good form and we’re looking forward to playing a big part in this derby."

Big part as in bending over and taking it royally... 3 attempts, none on target, in a derby. Mignolet went off after 20 mins for a cuppa.

Absolutely disgraceful, how he has made it to 10am without being booted out of the club is beyond me.

If your travelling down to the capital for the weekend to watch the game you'd be sick as a pig at the minute

I know lads who are going now thinking long and hard about if they should bother this weekend after what we have seen so be interesting to see what the fans mood will be like when Martinez leads this team out

If your travelling down to the capital for the weekend to watch the game you'd be sick as a pig at the minute

I know lads who are going now thinking long and hard about if they should bother this weekend after what we have seen so be interesting to see what the fans mood will be like when Martinez leads this team out

We should be 100% behind the team and the club - we are Evertonians, not Martinezians.

That said, if he were to trip up and fall ar5e over tit, imagine the laughter right around Wembley... and that would just be the players!!

The only thing a new manager could offer at this point is a team talk really. And I'd much prefer that option over Roberto sending out the lads who must have little or no respect for him as their manager.

With the players current state of mind, I've no doubt we will be an absolute shambles on Saturday and he'll be out of a job by Monday anyway.

My solution would be to bring in Gary Neville tomorrow and see if he can give the players some belief going into the game.

Would even put him on a 2 year contract.

There, I've said it.
Neville. that cheered me up pal :)

Before last night the club were in a difficult position, since Martinez got us to the semi final if we sacked him and lost people might have blamed the club for acting too soon when Martinez is a 'cup manager' and might have won it for us. Now I think it's clear the team aren't playing for him and we're just getting worse, I think keeping him and us losing is more likely to see the club criticised.

no we dont tho, we are virtually mathmatically safe

'Virtually mathematically safe' in mid April, it makes me feel nausea welling up in my throat! Sack him, use Joe, sheedy/ dave unsworth or even ask peter reid, just for the semi! One thing we must not do, is put that coke headed glaswegian gobshoite drunken duncan anywhere near! If people seriously think he could install,pride in the palyers, why hasnt he done that yet? He works with them every day for gods sake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back