Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I feel it's too late to make the change ahead of Saturday. If we were going to make the change it should have been done before the Southampton game. I don't think a new manager will make a difference now. The players owe us a performance irrespective of who the manager is because the lack of fight and passion last night was a disgrace.

I think he should ultimately be shown the door by the way but the board's inaction prior to this week means they have tied the club's hands. I can't see Wembley being anything other than a painful experience whether he is in charge or not.

You know what, as much as I wanted him out well before he went; I'd be happier if Moyes was asking to caretake the rest of the season. Be hilarious that; him knocking out Utd then taking a short-cut to his 1st piece of Everton silverware (excluding his charity shield 'triumph down the east lancs).

Failing that I'd take Rhino, Reidy, Sheedy or Joe Royle. Even Alan Stubbs ahead of el soft lad

Should've been gone after West Ham.

I don't like some of the personal stuff being aimed at him, he's a bloke trying to do a job, and failing hard, that's all.

Still, if the board won't sack him immediately, we should of course, do this:

Springfield%20Angry%20Mob.jpg

Was in a meeting when you posted this...then long commute home, followed by taking out frustrations on a bucket of golf balls.

I find it quite odd that fellow Blues would almost revel in the failure of Martinez just to have a pop at other Blues. I for one took exception to certain posters on here who even in the first season were showing signs that the minute a result didn't go right it was time for him to go in their eyes because they never wanted him in the first place. Yay...they've ultimately been right.

I wouldn't say I have ever been on Team Davek...more just an admirer of his ability to make a large portion of this forum absolutely fume. The shear number of folks he caught hook, line, and sinker with nearly every post was simply a joy to watch. We have some very talented fishermen on this forum...Dave hands down is the best one.

Anyway, as far as my 'no' vote goes, after this game with such a unmotivated showing, there is no other answer. I was really fuming when we drew them earlier in the season. It was an opportunity wasted...we were clearly the better team that day (which I think was ultimately why Brendan was sacked), and we absolutely should've won. Today we were not even close...they were the far superior side...and our team was so NEA. For this reason I think he should not manage another game for us. If he can't get them up for the Derby...what game will he?

While my positivity and patience may have been misplaced, I will just say that hope is a very powerful thing. After 11 years of being told we were plucky little Everton and it became very apparent we would never win F all under dour Moyes, hope was restored (if only for one season and a couple of cup runs). Hope is now well and truly out of the equation though, so he must go.
...whilst loyalty is generally a quality, blind loyalty can be undermining

'Virtually mathematically safe' in mid April, it makes me feel nausea welling up in my throat! Sack him, use Joe, sheedy/ dave unsworth or even ask peter reid, just for the semi! One thing we must not do, is put that coke headed glaswegian gobshoite drunken duncan anywhere near! If people seriously think he could install,pride in the players, why hasn't he done that yet? He works with them every day for gods sake!

Whilst I agree with the sentiment you express... Wow, just Wow at the phraseology !!

I'd fire him out of a cannon into the Mersey today. Make it a open day for fans to attend.

Then i'd reunite the team of 95 and announce that they're going to take charge of the Wembley game. Just as the announcement is happening i'd have Amokachi come barging through the crowd nodding his head. The fans rejoice and we go to Wembley in top spirits!!

Unfortunately we lose 3-0.

People dont half overreact on here.

In the 2 days between now and the Semi no I dont think it will change anything.

Long term of course it will.
Over react ? We have been on a downward spiral ever since the Spurs away game last year when mirallas scored first and we ended up losing 2-1 . That's 18 months ago.

The players have no pride in the shirt under this clueless delusional fraud we have in charge. NOW is the perfect time to replace him while we are still IN the cup.

I don't know about you but I would really REALLY like to be back at Wembley on 21st may .

We stand a much better chance of achieving that without him and Graeme Jones . And maybe it might show our better players that we have ambition and that we DEMAND success.

People dont half overreact on here.

In the 2 days between now and the Semi no I dont think it will change anything.

Long term of course it will.

when a manager has lost the dressing-room I think it will make a change even if its just one day ahead of the game. Because the players have given up on him and don't want to play for him. If he is sacked they will have a morale boost and will give more in the next game, than if they were playing for a guy the have given up on.

Could we tempt Mourinho with a sack of cash and a semi-final against MU?

PS I think RM will be great after 3 years in Spain. Good luck to him. So long. Thanks. See you then. Adios amigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back