Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timo Werner would be a great buy, 17 year old at Stuttgart who's close to being on the Germany World Cup squad. Would be a little pricy, but has immense potential.

With Pienaar getting on a bit and our obvious lack of depth in the striking department I reckon we should try snapping up Andriy Yarmolenko from Dynamo Kiev. Left wing/striker kind of reminds me of the left sided Ukrainian version of Mirallas. Only 24 and in the summer he'll have one year left on his contract so he'd be relatively cheap, around ten mill I reckon.

Yeah he's a good player, so is that Konopliyanka(sp). We could do with some more pace and trickery in wide areas, players that can make things happen and turn a game when it's going a bit stale.

Maybe. But it'd be a lot of effort to go to, to go to a work permit hearing in london for a decoy!

But in football no one really knows do they, apart from the manager and board.

I was under the impression we went to get a work permit as we was told a deal could be done but then towards the end of the window Fernando wanted to stay at Porto and play CL football?!.

I was under the impression we went to get a work permit as we was told a deal could be done but then towards the end of the window Fernando wanted to stay at Porto and play CL football?!.

I think the rumor to which you refer came from a fake instagram account to be honest mate. If my memory serves me right.

Just from personal opinion, Martinez has been saying he wants 'short term solutions' to Kone and Gibson. On the Kone front i'd be pretty happy if we could get Artiz Aduriz on a short term deal. Either loan, or a one year contract. Experienced player, good goal scorer would give us nice bit of cover until the summer, and even after that. Good in the air, strong and a decent finisher. Shouldn't cost a bomb, and provides a little bit of contrast to Lukaku who is young and a little raw.

Just from personal opinion, Martinez has been saying he wants 'short term solutions' to Kone and Gibson. On the Kone front i'd be pretty happy if we could get Artiz Aduriz on a short term deal. Either loan, or a one year contract. Experienced player, good goal scorer would give us nice bit of cover until the summer, and even after that. Good in the air, strong and a decent finisher. Shouldn't cost a bomb, and provides a little bit of contrast to Lukaku who is young and a little raw.

If jelavic goes too we'll need 2 strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back