Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko Yarmolenko

M villa, martins indi, and errrrrm Yarmolenko

Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim), German U21 player, please.

Can finish and his all round game is superb.

Volland is said to be on the radar of Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United, as well as Chelsea, Tottenham and Bayern Munich, so Dortmund will have to fend off some hefty competition for his signature.

Volland's value, according to Transfermarkt, was €12 million as of November 5, but the number of interested clubs and the long duration of his contract can inflate his cost further: €15 million may not be enough, and depending on his performance in the second half of the season, he could fetch a transfer fee in excess of €20 million.

The Straq anyone? I miss him :unsure:

With the injuries we've got now it will be interesting to see if we get business done early on in January rather than leaving it last minute like we usually do. The squad is thin now so if we offload Jelavic and Heitinga surely we need 3+ players coming in?

Defour I reckons...

Defour would be a pretty decent signing, but I doubt we have the money. I would LOVE to see this type of signing though: a player who comes in to compete for a spot already occupied by a player in great form (McCarthy).

I don't want us buying players who are obviously of a lesser standard because that doesn't improve the squad overall... we should be looking at bringing people in who can step in for anyone who suffers a drop in form, not just a body to fill a shirt when injuries or suspensions take place. IF we have to accept a slight drop in quality when we field a backup / "squad" player, it should be because we're giving a youngster a run-out.

Based on our IMMEDIATE needs, I would like to see a DM/CM (Fernando, Defour, Fernandes, Dembele, that kinda thing) and a wide attacking midfielder (De Bruyne, Donovan, Lallana or similar). If we can get a striker too, great... but I think that with the restricted funds I suspect we have, we simply won't have enough money to buy a striker worth having.

Summer could be interesting though. I wonder if Spurs will have a clearout?

Think i'm the only one who doesn't really want M'vila. He's an alright player who had great potential.. but he's a party boy and he only turns up to games when he fancies it. (By that i mean he can be great one game, terrible the next) The wages he'd be on would make him one of our top earners.. and even then the transfer fee ontop of that would make the whole deal very expensive.

Think i'm the only one who doesn't really want M'vila. He's an alright player who had great potential.. but he's a party boy and he only turns up to games when he fancies it. (By that i mean he can be great one game, terrible the next) The wages he'd be on would make him one of our top earners.. and even then the transfer fee ontop of that would make the whole deal very expensive.

Yeah I've heard this b4. Deffo a gamble. If we do get him lets hope he's more Barkley than Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back