Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volland is said to be on the radar of Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United, as well as Chelsea, Tottenham and Bayern Munich, so Dortmund will have to fend off some hefty competition for his signature.

Volland's value, according to Transfermarkt, was €12 million as of November 5, but the number of interested clubs and the long duration of his contract can inflate his cost further: €15 million may not be enough, and depending on his performance in the second half of the season, he could fetch a transfer fee in excess of €20 million.

Sounds straightforward then.

Somebody of the ilk of Dusan Tadic (as a long term replacement for Pienaar), who can play anywhere in the attacking midfield three behind the striker would be top class. Tadic is valued at around 10mil by Twente but he's a quality player and would be a real 'marquee' signing.

Michy Batshuayi is immense and will be a world-class forward in a few years, but I can't see Standard selling until the summer when they can get a big price for him, especially if he forces his way into Belgium's World Cup squad which he has very chance of doing atm. An extremely good alternative (and more realistic), would be Ramos from Hertha Berlin. Agile, quick, think Adebayor but good. Briliiant in the air; not the strongest but pace makes him powerful enough to cause any defence (including Bayern's) issues. Been extremely impressed by him any time i've seen him on the Bundesliga highlights this season. Price would deb inflated with it being January, and he may wish to stay in the bundesliga and impress fro Berlin in order to get into Colombia's world cup team. They're two of the types of strikers I believe Martinez will be looking at anyway.

As for midfield, I actually see this being where Martinez uses a loan again. We need a player who Martinez knows can fit into the style of play we're spanking teams with atm. One player i'd love to see us try for would be Casemiro from Real Madrid. He's their 4th choice CM right now after Modric, Illaramendi and Alonso, but he's a class act and pretty much a young, Brazilian version of Barry with (I hate to say it) Gerrard-esque passing. Would be perfect back-up and wouldn't weaken the team at all. Probably unlikely with Khedira out for the season though i've seen somewhere that Madrid apparently want Xhaka from Mochengladbach, who plays in the same position. If they got Xhaka they may be willing to loan Casemiro out for the rest of the season, and Deulofeu has proved that Everton is one of the best places for that at the moment!

Tadic, Ramos/Batshuayi and Casemiro would be an immense window for us and would really make sure we'd be challenging for top 4 come May.

Exactly the sort of player we need if we plan on making an impact in the CL next year. Thumbs up from me.

Finishes decisively, link up play top notch...even gets back and makes last ditch tackles in his own penalty area. He's going to be a star of German footy for years to come.

For me all this highlights is the need to flog Baines to push us on further IMO, say we have £10 mil from the felli money left, flogging baines for £16-17 mil, spend £4-5 mil on a replacement with Oviedo taking first team role would leave us with around £22-25 mil combined on the squad and whatever TV cash we get in the summer

Out:

Baines £16 mil
Jelavic: £4 mil
Heitinga: £1 mil

Total: £21 mil

In:

Moussa Sow/Doumbia- £10 mil
M'Vila/Fernando- £8 mil
Bruno Martins Indi- £6 mil
Mcgeady: £2 mil

that would leave us with around £8-10 mil still to put away towards the summer TV cash to bring in another top quality striker be it Lukaku or someone else.

Feel we missed out a trick on Ben Davies aswell from Swansea who's just signed a new deal, only young and on SSN they shown he has better stats this season than Baines, Shaw and Cole,

Somebody of the ilk of Dusan Tadic (as a long term replacement for Pienaar), who can play anywhere in the attacking midfield three behind the striker would be top class. Tadic is valued at around 10mil by Twente but he's a quality player and would be a real 'marquee' signing.

Michy Batshuayi is immense and will be a world-class forward in a few years, but I can't see Standard selling until the summer when they can get a big price for him, especially if he forces his way into Belgium's World Cup squad which he has very chance of doing atm. An extremely good alternative (and more realistic), would be Ramos from Hertha Berlin. Agile, quick, think Adebayor but good. Briliiant in the air; not the strongest but pace makes him powerful enough to cause any defence (including Bayern's) issues. Been extremely impressed by him any time i've seen him on the Bundesliga highlights this season. Price would deb inflated with it being January, and he may wish to stay in the bundesliga and impress fro Berlin in order to get into Colombia's world cup team. They're two of the types of strikers I believe Martinez will be looking at anyway.

As for midfield, I actually see this being where Martinez uses a loan again. We need a player who Martinez knows can fit into the style of play we're spanking teams with atm. One player i'd love to see us try for would be Casemiro from Real Madrid. He's their 4th choice CM right now after Modric, Illaramendi and Alonso, but he's a class act and pretty much a young, Brazilian version of Barry with (I hate to say it) Gerrard-esque passing. Would be perfect back-up and wouldn't weaken the team at all. Probably unlikely with Khedira out for the season though i've seen somewhere that Madrid apparently want Xhaka from Mochengladbach, who plays in the same position. If they got Xhaka they may be willing to loan Casemiro out for the rest of the season, and Deulofeu has proved that Everton is one of the best places for that at the moment!

Tadic, Ramos/Batshuayi and Casemiro would be an immense window for us and would really make sure we'd be challenging for top 4 come May.

8 mil is his buy out clause, and according to some belgium journo whos usually spot on a prem team will match it when the window opens and loan him out, so doubt it would be us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back