Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be a replacement for Lukaku, we are likely to lose Nika and Kone is goosed, this may be quite obvious to some but has only just dawned on me.

I've said it a few times now like, if we sell Jela i'm certain we'll go for Alfred Fin. I've never really seen him play to be honest so don't have any idea what he's like. Been told he's good in the box but not so great out of it.

The more I think about it, the more it could be Luis Caballero. He's a Spanish speaker and mates with Alcaraz (integration is vital mid-season). At 23 years old he also ticks the future resale box too, which unfortunately we do need to consider.

Last edited:
we certainly need another quality CM Fernando and M'vila should be our top targets, don't want that finnabgaon whatever he's called as you just know from his name he's gonna be ****e, don't know what it is but certain players give away their gashness in their name like Cornelius ffs, He's the sort of signing a nearly promoted club try take a punt on in the hope of hitting gold like a Vydra type signing.

Doumbia would be a great signing to replace jelavic

How about an audatious move for...

... Robert Lewandowski?

Easily get him for under 10m, probably nearer to 5m. Sign him up, give him a 20m buy-out clause if we miss top four this season, everyone is a winner.

<legs it out of thread>

Remember the days when all our strikers were injured and we had to play Steve Watson upfront? If that happened now I'd well stick Coleman upfront.

Just looked on YouTube at this Fernando from Porto and it's covered with Kopites saying 'welcome to anfield' and all that ****e. They seem to think its a done deal for them.

I hate them stupid comments on the youtube vids, you just know its some lonely 15 yr old glory hunting Cockney virgin **** sat in his bedroom with Arsenal, Utd and RS shirts on his wall thinking football manager is real.

How about an audatious move for...

... Robert Lewandowski?

Easily get him for under 10m, probably nearer to 5m. Sign him up, give him a 20m buy-out clause if we miss top four this season, everyone is a winner.

<legs it out of thread>

What nonsense is this....

It's spelt "audacious", FFS.

But what a statement of intent that would be.

A-- He may think he has a chance of getting*lukaku in the summer and wants to get funds in now.

B-- He may have asked around already but sees people as overpriced or unavailable

C--Perhaps jelavic HAS to be sold now for whatever reason...market value/world cup etc and he just wants a body in

D-- Perhaps he sees kone as 2nd choice but injured and in summer just wants one top forward sobis clearing the decks?

E-- Maybe he needs to offload to generate funds for another signing

Can anyone actually one of say jones/jelavic/kone are top forwards? Not at the moment....so why not swap two and make 5mil till summer?

Sorry pal, perhaps it's due to my poor phrasing of the previous post but you have only answered the second question. The first, and more important one, is:

If Jelavic is finished but another striker (better) is available for a pittance, how on earth are we going to convince another club to buy Jelavic for £4m or £5m and leave the cheaper, better striker for us to buy?

M'vila would be amazing as ive said a few times earlier in the thread.....

I could live with Jones and McGeady for a season if it meant we got M'Vila or someone similar....young and top notch.

Honestly M'vila and Martins-Indi and I think we've got a seriously good side bar a top permanent forward,

Sorry pal, perhaps it's due to my poor phrasing of the previous post but you have only answered the second question. The first, and more important one, is:

If Jelavic is finished but another striker (better) is available for a pittance, how on earth are we going to convince another club to buy Jelavic for £4m or £5m and leave the cheaper, better striker for us to buy?

West Ham are going to buy Jela in January. It's widely reported Big Sam wants him. I think he'll actually do well for them.. their direct, physical approach will suit Jelavic perfectly.

You're talking about an international forward who would do well in several leagues....4-5mil isn't much.

Whose this other striker whose better and available at a pittance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back