Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we haven't been link to any Colombian but they are producing some very talented players. Would honestly take any of their strikers, obviously Falcao and Jackson Martinez are out of our price range, Carlos Bacca, Adrian Ramos and Victor Ibarbo could be a lot more realistic target who would improve use upfront. There is also Luis Muriel but he's got the WonderKid Label so there is a chance he could be quite expensive.

I know we haven't been link to any Colombian but they are producing some very talented players. Would honestly take any of their strikers, obviously Falcao and Jackson Martinez are out of our price range, Carlos Bacca, Adrian Ramos and Victor Ibarbo could be a lot more realistic target who would improve use upfront. There is also Luis Muriel but he's got the WonderKid Label so there is a chance he could be quite expensive.

I hate that Bacca. Despise him!!!

He would be a handful for some defenders though

Muriel would be unbelievable but I could see him going for north of £25m, so yeah, expensive.

Adrian Ramos is fantastic, as is Muriel but he'll cost a bit.

He says, "We will have a busy January as we look to strengthen our squad".

Basically just that the staff will be working hard with all the work that goes into signing players. Nothing too crazy but I think you can assume we'll be doing at least some business.

I asked this on another thread the other day and got no answers:

If Jelavic is finished but another striker (better) is available for a pittance, how on earth are we going to convince another club to buy Jelavic for £4m or £5m and leave the cheaper, better striker for us to buy?

And additionally, Kenwynne f*cking Jones? If you're gonna replace Jelavic why would you do it with someone WORSE?

A-- He may think he has a chance of getting*lukaku in the summer and wants to get funds in now.

B-- He may have asked around already but sees people as overpriced or unavailable

C--Perhaps jelavic HAS to be sold now for whatever reason...market value/world cup etc and he just wants a body in

D-- Perhaps he sees kone as 2nd choice but injured and in summer just wants one top forward sobis clearing the decks?

E-- Maybe he needs to offload to generate funds for another signing

Can anyone actually one of say jones/jelavic/kone are top forwards? Not at the moment....so why not swap two and make 5mil till summer?

I actually bought muriel on fm a few days aho. World class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back