Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that racist? I have been as politically correct as i possibly could be?!

But they look similar (taking everything into account), similar hair cuts, play similar roles on the pitch, similar height and weight. So yeah, a carbon copy player

except one is what i would call 'good' at football and the other one...not so much

Jelavic is done.....and we have no-one else....

May as well actually play a lamppost up front instead of him.

Now if Jones comes in for pocket money (only until summer!) then we can offload jelavic for 5mil it gives Martinez some time to see where we finish and go in for better and cheaper options in summer than January.

Besides, Martinez could work his magic on jones....you never know.

I asked this on another thread the other day and got no answers:

If Jelavic is finished but another striker (better) is available for a pittance, how on earth are we going to convince another club to buy Jelavic for £4m or £5m and leave the cheaper, better striker for us to buy?

And additionally, Kenwynne f*cking Jones? If you're gonna replace Jelavic why would you do it with someone WORSE?

With Pienaar getting on a bit and our obvious lack of depth in the striking department I reckon we should try snapping up Andriy Yarmolenko from Dynamo Kiev. Left wing/striker kind of reminds me of the left sided Ukrainian version of Mirallas. Only 24 and in the summer he'll have one year left on his contract so he'd be relatively cheap, around ten mill I reckon.

Two squad fillers preferably cm and striker and a marquee signing to get morale up
This can't be underestimated. Obviously can't expect a record transfer but it would do wonders to get someone in who's reputation for being sh!t hot gives everyone a lift.

How is that racist? I have been as politically correct as i possibly could be?!
One player is Jamaican, the other Belgian?

Last edited:

This can't be underestimated. Obviously can't expect a record transfer but it would do wonders to get someone in who's reputation for being sh!t hot gives everyone a lift.

One player is Jamaican, the other Belgian?

You see what he means, though. Part of looking the same is that they're both black. What's racist about that?

would you compare fernando torres with robbie keane because they are both white?

No, but if they were exactly the same height with exactly the same build and exactly the same hair cut I would.

Robbie Keane is 5 foot 9 with black hair, Fernando Torres is 6 foot tall with usually blonde hair.

Is it racist to say two people look alike if they both happen to be black these days?

You see what he means... What's racist about that?

I didn't say it was. Anyway sorry lad but debating racism in the transfer stories thread of GOT is right down the bottom of things I wanna do on Christmas eve.

Lets all hope Roberto has another transfer window blinder, and all pray Bill gives him a decent bit of cash to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back