Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Ebert from Valladolid could be a good shout as Pienaar replacement.

26 years old, very good player and he's contract running up in the summer.

Only a short term deal, Jelavic is off in January more than likely to West Ham. We need cover for Lukaku, getting him for next to nothing.

The main striker he wants is not available till the summer.

How's the fishing Moo? Any bites

You and Mrs Moo home for the games over Chrimbo?

I expect Alfred Finnbogason for around 4m to come in once Jelavic goes. If heitinga goes we'll probably bring in some cover OR sign John Souttar from dundee united because John Stones is mostly our back up now.

We'll probably see a midfielder come in on loan, or someones contract that is running out shortly (Fernando, Nahkto etc).

After that Martinez could look to bring in a winger, perhaps. But we'll for sure see us sign a cm and striker. I'm pretty certain it'll be Finnbogason if Jela goes though.

I'd love Finnbogason, I really do think this lad IS worth taking a punt on from Eredivisie!. Been brought along nicely by van Basten and like the likes of Suarez, Aguero & Rooney have proved, you don't need your stereotypical No.9 up top these days.

Heerenveen aren't one of the best sides in the Dutch top flight but this lad always tops the scoring charts. Not so sure Heerenveen would be willing to sell at just £4m though, not in Jan?!.

Last summer and January when the likes of Celtic & West Ham were sniffing around him, they said it would take bids onwards from £6-7m to get them to even think about it.

As for a CM replacement for Gibbo, I'd like to see us go back in for Fernando but he's seeing a lot of interest in him from late, from clubs in Italy and likes of Man Utd. But he's a cracking player, always remember a game between Porto and City in a Europa game I think when City got knocked out of the CL group stages and he dominated Yaya Toure that night at the Etihad which had me hooked!. Couldn't believe it when we was linked to him in summer, I thought fcuk to Barry & McCarthy, get this lad in! :D But it all worked out well in end.

Finnbogason -- Is he actually any good though? Been linked for a bunch of transfer windows even when Moyes was here.

EDIT --WOW just seen his scoring record for heerenveen....played 47 goals 40 ?!

Is he a goal hanger?

And that's for a side that isn't running away with the league and on the coat tails of the European spots!. I know it's only the Eredivise but that's some going. For every Jon Dahl Tomasson, Afonso Alves, Mateja Kežman & Bony so far, there's a van Nistlerooy, van Persie, Hasselbaink & Suarez in there to be taken a chance on IMO!.

And that's for a side that isn't running away with the league and on the coat tails of the European spots!. I know it's only the Eredivise but that's some going. For every Jon Dahl Tomasson, Afonso Alves, Mateja Kežman & Bony so far, there's a van Nistlerooy, van Persie, Hasselbaink & Suarez in there to be taken a chance on IMO!.

A new eidur gudjohnsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back