Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Barcelona youngster Antonio Sanabria is available for 3.6 million and Roma are about to bid for him...this seems like not a lot of money for a highly rated 17 year old from Barca...we need depth up front, and someone to play next year once the Belg is returned to West London...am I crazy in thinking we should put in a flutter on this kid?

Seems to be rated as well....very strange amount.

For me, I think best to sign these young players in Jan rather than summer -- gives them time to settle in and adjust to the league and also perhaps a foreign culture/climate. Look at Stones, he's had bedding in time and now is 3rd choice centre back -- also note Martinez's comments about Gerard needing time to adapt.

Could be a good move to sign a couple of young lads.

Seems to be rated as well....very strange amount.

For me, I think best to sign these young players in Jan rather than summer -- gives them time to settle in and adjust to the league and also perhaps a foreign culture/climate. Look at Stones, he's had bedding in time and now is 3rd choice centre back -- also note Martinez's comments about Gerard needing time to adapt.

Could be a good move to sign a couple of young lads.

Yeah I agree. The January market is overpriced for experience players anyway. This is the way to go.

I believe we'll sign the Robertson kid from Dundee United and possibly Souttar for around a million each (Robertson looks to be the one Bobby has zeroed in on though). Going for a young striker and a loanee in midfield would be great.

I wouldn't want to buy a midfielder as I'm hoping Lundstram comes good next year.

As an aside for summer I definitely think that Winston Reid is the class act in a struggling West Ham side and should be brought in as a Distin Replacement. Rock at the back for them, they are definately missing him. 6/10 clean sheets when he's in the team, 2/7 when he has been injured. Good in the air and in the tackle and is quick but could do with work on his passing.
*include slight bias as hes a kiwi*

Apparently Barcelona youngster Antonio Sanabria is available for 3.6 million and Roma are about to bid for him...this seems like not a lot of money for a highly rated 17 year old from Barca...we need depth up front, and someone to play next year once the Belg is returned to West London...am I crazy in thinking we should put in a flutter on this kid?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-set-2953912

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ne-Wenger-continues-raid-Catalans-B-team.html

Arsenal are losing their battle to sign Barcelona starlet Antonio Sanabria - with Roma closing in on a deal.

The Paraguayan teenager is wanted by Arsene Wenger, but now the Serie A club have moved in with an offer.

Sanabria can move if any club pays the £3.6 million release clause in his contract and Roma are prepared to meet that next month.

The 17-year-old joined Barca's youth academy in 2009 and made his international debut for Paraguay in their 3-3 draw with Germany in August.

Yeah I agree. The January market is overpriced for experience players anyway. This is the way to go.

I believe we'll sign the Robertson kid from Dundee United and possibly Souttar for around a million each (Robertson looks to be the one Bobby has zeroed in on though). Going for a young striker and a loanee in midfield would be great.

I wouldn't want to buy a midfielder as I'm hoping Lundstram comes good next year.

Robertson -- 19 year old left back. That would mean Baines was going I think otherwise 3 left backs?

Souttar -- 17 year old centre back. Always worth a punt

Gauld -- 18 year old attacking midfielder

Why not sign all 3 ? How much would they cost ? Only need one to turn out well.

As an aside for summer I definitely think that Winston Reid is the class act in a struggling West Ham side and should be brought in as a Distin Replacement. Rock at the back for them, they are definately missing him. 6/10 clean sheets when he's in the team, 2/7 when he has been injured. Good in the air and in the tackle and is quick but could do with work on his passing.
*include slight bias as hes a kiwi*

Nah, to old now

Robertson -- 19 year old left back. That would mean Baines was going I think otherwise 3 left backs?

Souttar -- 17 year old centre back. Always worth a punt

Gauld -- 18 year old attacking midfielder

Why not sign all 3 ? How much would they cost ? Only need one to turn out well.

Gauld appears to be staying but would love to have him.

I'm still of the opinion Baines will go, but RM will hold out for 20 million. Look at his comments and how they differ re: Barkley and Baines.

Per RM: "Barkley not for sale at any price"
Per LB: "A team has to meet our valuation to even discuss it".

Rumor about us going in for Curtis Davies at Hull. I rate him actually. Not sure if the rumor is real or tosh, but would be a good signing for us.

Rumor about us going in for Curtis Davies at Hull. I rate him actually. Not sure if the rumor is real or tosh, but would be a good signing for us.

Davies only joined them in summer I saw on WIKI ?

I think Dundee Utd would sell all 3 for the right price....could leave them there on loan and have them over for training now and again to integrate them slowly.

Baines for 15mil wouldn't be such a loss due to Oviedo and also his age is creeping up.

Davies only joined them in summer I saw on WIKI ?

I think Dundee Utd would sell all 3 for the right price....could leave them there on loan and have them over for training now and again to integrate them slowly.

Baines for 15mil wouldn't be such a loss due to Oviedo and also his age is creeping up.

yeah probably a jarg rumor but I like him.

Would love to get all three of the Dundee United lads but not sure I can see them selling all three unless they kept them on loan. Don't think we'd be willing to do that.

If ROberto signs these kids from Scotland you just have to remember McCarthy was another untried youngster he brought in from up there and look how he turned out.

I think the best thing about haivng the new man in is that he has a record of signing cheap young players from the likes of scotland and unearthing talent there. Some might find their level but McCarthy is bossing a top 4 team's midfield right now and McCarther is doing the same in the championship. Not sure how much the pair cost but not bad for a bottom end league team. I would love to see us develop our youth part of the squad if we can maintain the way we have progressed. 5 tyears time we could be unbeatable with a team that cost pennies to build.

We should get on the blower to Barca next month and say who do you need to give game time that is good enough to play for us. They send a few people over, we bulk the squad out and can buy our own with the title;/champions league money at the end of the season.

Simple

It's nearly here..... No not Christmas but transfer time so my two cents is I think mcgeady will come in, we will sign the Scottish lad who plays left full also think Gareth Barry will sign freeing up a loan spot and think he will look to the Russian league as that's over to bring in a centre mid I'd love mvila ..still think aswell we will bring in a known striker so it's at least 3 in the door with 2 definitely going out ( Johnny h and jela)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back