Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest i don't think we'll go back for Fernando. I think that gaps been filled by Mccarthy. I think we'll try and bring in more of a 'playmaker' in the midfield, someone who has a good range of passing and can pick out a good final ball, but we'll wait and see.
Defour I reckons...

To be honest i don't think we'll go back for Fernando. I think that gaps been filled by Mccarthy. I think we'll try and bring in more of a 'playmaker' in the midfield, someone who has a good range of passing and can pick out a good final ball, but we'll wait and see.

Getting Mata would bring tears to my eyes.

Defour I reckons...

Mcgeady - nominal fee (wing covered)
Centre mid /forward -loan+ a short term deal

I think with martinez talking up teams wanting us to take top players on loan we will be in for a treat!

Then I think we'll offload heitinga/jelavic and possibly baines and splash out on one or two players -- ideally for me u-21s.

Mcgeady - nominal fee (wing covered)
Centre mid /forward -loan+ a short term deal

I think with martinez talking up teams wanting us to take top players on loan we will be in for a treat!

Then I think we'll offload heitinga/jelavic and possibly baines and splash out on one or two players -- ideally for me u-21s.
Seriously think we need to avoid McGeady. The fella is a waste of time. I reckon the constant reports mean we are looking at someone in Russia. I'm just hoping its not him. M'Vila maybe? The Israeli lad? DOUMBIA?

Seriously think we need to avoid McGeady. The fella is a waste of time. I reckon the constant reports mean we are looking at someone in Russia. I'm just hoping its not him. M'Vila maybe? The Israeli lad? DOUMBIA?

Whilst there is EVERY chance we ARE looking at Mcgeady this could be very much so the case. We did the same when we were signing Bilyaletdinov, we leaked rumors from people from the club (they were told to do so) about a player named Vladmir Bystrov, as a smoke screen. So we could be doing the same again.

Remember the days when all our strikers were injured and we had to play Steve Watson upfront? If that happened now I'd well stick Coleman upfront.

Just looked on YouTube at this Fernando from Porto and it's covered with Kopites saying 'welcome to anfield' and all that ****e. They seem to think its a done deal for them.

I remember moyes playing with no striker. More than once.

Whilst there is EVERY chance we ARE looking at Mcgeady this could be very much so the case. We did the same when we were signing Bilyaletdinov, we leaked rumors from people from the club (they were told to do so) about a player named Vladmir Bystrov, as a smoke screen. So we could be doing the same again.
It's a fairly old rumour if I remember so i hope it's just a case of us dusting it off and circulating it, so we look at another target relatively undisturbed.

Hopefully musa, would be a very good signing IMO
Aye, I do like Musa. There are a few good, slightly unhappy possible transfer targets in Russia. Who knows though? I think there is a bit of money available, so January could be a very good one. Especially if we shift the deadwood.

Remember the days when all our strikers were injured and we had to play Steve Watson upfront? If that happened now I'd well stick Coleman upfront.

Just looked on YouTube at this Fernando from Porto and it's covered with Kopites saying 'welcome to anfield' and all that ****e. They seem to think its a done deal for them.

.....some on here will remember throwing Mick Lyons up top. Now that was desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back