Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from personal opinion, Martinez has been saying he wants 'short term solutions' to Kone and Gibson. On the Kone front i'd be pretty happy if we could get Artiz Aduriz on a short term deal. Either loan, or a one year contract. Experienced player, good goal scorer would give us nice bit of cover until the summer, and even after that. Good in the air, strong and a decent finisher. Shouldn't cost a bomb, and provides a little bit of contrast to Lukaku who is young and a little raw.

Would be a good signing but Athletic have two strikers, so they aren't going to sell him. And he is 32.

I think the rumor to which you refer came from a fake instagram account to be honest mate. If my memory serves me right.

Cant say I saw it on that pal, tbh I cant remember but it wasn't from instagram but aye, whats it matter. He would definitely be a top signing and a good replacement for Barry if we couldn't afford to keep him beyond this season.

I want Mame Diouf from Freiburg/ex-ManU... His contract ends in summer, should be cheap and could be a good additon possibly.

Mame Biram Diouf of Hannover, ex Man Utd striker?. He's done really well over in Germany and I don't think he's too bad either, he actually would be a good replacement for Kone IMO.

Very similar in stature and physique, but I think Diouf is a better finisher and gets in better goalscoring positions, and like you say, his deal is running out so could come cheap in Jan

Who's he most likely to take off Wigan? He has history of that of course.

Mcmanaman is who we all would want,no?

Mame Biram Diouf of Hannover, ex Man Utd striker?. He's done really well over in Germany and I don't think he's too bad either, he actually would be a good replacement for Kone IMO.

Very similar in stature and physique, but I think Diouf is a better finisher and gets in better goalscoring positions, and like you say, his deal is running out so could come cheap in Jan

Ex Man U player went on loan to Blackburn and scored 3 in 26 and 1 in 5 for united now plays for Hannover 96 and scored 23 in 49 is a strange one really has he progressed as a player or has he simply found his level I'd take a punt on him tbh but I'd rather we go for muller who plays for mainse 05 cracking little winger in a pretty ordinary side.

I'm very fearful of signing Diouf after watching Jozy Altidore this season. Jozy wasn't up to scratch in the premier league, left, scored a bucket, came back and again can't hit a barn door.

I'd prefer to go for Shane Long, who is hardly prolific but knows the league and could cause problems as Lukakus sub in the last 30 mins when the big man tires.

Money no problem, I'd go for Hernandez at Utd, Benteke or Defoe. All three of which we have little or no chance of getting.

Can't wait to see what Bobby does to be honest, I reckon he's got a trick or two left to play in the transfer market

I'm very fearful of signing Diouf after watching Jozy Altidore this season. Jozy wasn't up to scratch in the premier league, left, scored a bucket, came back and again can't hit a barn door.

I'd prefer to go for Shane Long, who is hardly prolific but knows the league and could cause problems as Lukakus sub in the last 30 mins when the big man tires.

Money no problem, I'd go for Hernandez at Utd, Benteke or Defoe. All three of which we have little or no chance of getting.

Can't wait to see what Bobby does to be honest, I reckon he's got a trick or two left to play in the transfer market

Last player I would want is defoe and hes off to MLS anyhow.

Either a short term stop gap OR a top young player...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back