Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen the lad play so can't comment really. But you have to wonder that if McCarthy, Alcaraz, Joel, Kone AND McArthur weren't at fault for Wigan going down, well, the list of whose fault it was is getting a bit thin.

I would say it's Barry's, Lukaku's, Mirallas', Pienaar's, Baines', Coleman's, Distin's and Jagielka's fault for not being Wigan players.

From what i remember, he was the one going forward (more of an attacking midfielder) while McCarthy stayed behind

Will be a much better option than Osman when Barkley is out

If they are for the most part back up players, we then have a predominately lower premier league/upper championship bench. I can't see any harm in that.

Jesus! A top 4 contender won't be happy with a bench like that.

So far:

McCarthy = been very good for us: success so far.
Alcaraz = looked good, but injury-prone: jury out.
Joel = flapped to let a goal in, not solid: failure so far.
Kone = looked horrendous, then got injured for a year: failure.

1 out of 4 is not a great success rate.

I would have thought people would have learned from there lesson on writing people off before they have been given a chance, do you remember the reaction people were giving when we signed mcCarthy and other players in the past. I he signs give the lad a chance.

I would have thought people would have learned from there lesson on writing people off before they have been given a chance, do you remember the reaction people were giving when we signed mcCarthy and other players in the past. I he signs give the lad a chance.

just drove in to finch farm

haha at one point in July it was McWigan with Mcmannaman/MCarthy/Mcarther/Mclean

Now if this is true then McCArthy, McCarther, Mcgeady, it is happening again! It would be funny if we signed Mcmannaman and a MCdonald as well, stuff jokes are made out of.

I always used to get the two of them confused, thought McCarther was the better one, hopefully i was right all along.

Hmm, we need a body in incase Barry/McCarthy get injured, bit underwhelming though. Hope we aren't gonna pay much for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back