Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's pretty shocking to see so many people here who have "never heard of him" considering he's made 83 Premier League appearances in his career. Including against us.

Martinez is yet to sign anyone permanently who didn't play for him at Wigan. Except McGeady. Who he tried to sign for Wigan several times.

Do we have any scouts anymore?

One big credit to Moyes was how he managed to pull out some gems from all over the shop.

Martinez still has to prove he's good at this game.

Martinez knows him better than us all. McCarthy has played with him for a long time and they'll know each others game. We can use him sparingly, when Barry or McCarthy are unavailable. It all depends on transfer fee and wages and I'm gonna think its not a huge amount.

He might be a better player around better players

We need more options In midfielder you whopper. The squad is thin. We are relying on Osman whenever anyone in midfield gets injured and he's just not up to it lately.It's a decent squad filler. Some bad drama queens on this site. Far worse than even blue kipper was.

Going off this post there is only one drama queen. I don't think anyone has gone over the top with their comments, he is a decent player but i was hoping for a more creative type.

You posted " he is a midfielder and we need midfielders" to me this means you will take anyone who plays in midfield? now that is a drama queen!.

Lot of hysteria completely misplaced here.

Let's say, for arguments sake, Martinez has £20 million in the coffers to spend. Maybe even £30m. Who knows?

He has this money now, and he knows the players he would like to bring in. Those players are likely to be available in the summer for less money than he would have to pay now. Paying a premium for some players now means that he won't have enough left over to bring in the others he wants.

Unless we sell someone else (and frankly, other than Heitinga and Hibbert who have no real value, I don't really want us to sell anyone else in the squad), there won't be a huge amount of money forthcoming in the summer (there never is), so whatever money we have right now, we need to be very careful with.

Yes, we could do with bodies to give us a boost in the race for 4th spot, but if we blew the cash now and were to miss out anyway we'd also have no room to continue to re-shape the squad in the summer.

Personally, Martinez has earned the right to do whatever the **** he likes. If he wants to do it this way, fine.

I don't believe for a moment that Kenwright is refusing to give him money.

My Goodness Bill; exactly how many usernames do you have on this Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back