Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Striker should be sorted first before we go buying more players in the midfield, IMO

...striker has to be a priority but if there's an opportunity to bring in one of his targets elsewhere he can't sit on his hands. I suspect he's trying to bring a few in, but as is normal with us things are rarely straightforward. Hopefully we'll strengthen in key areas before closing time.

your missing the point. When we get injuries or a player banned are go to player is Osman for ANY midfield role, the fella hasn't been performing and he don't cope with 90 minutes. Gibson is still out for a while so the squad is lacking options. This fella will give us something else. I'm happy if it goes through. Your the type of person who'd be sponking in his wank sock if the fella had a Spanish name and a £10m fee. What happens if both Barry and McCarthy are out and we have no back up?

I'm a little old for this but was probably doing it at your age.

It doesnt matter where the player is from (see my posts on McCarthy and Barry) I thought against wet brom we lacked a bit of quality and imagination in the final third although i think mcArthur is a decent player, in my opinion we need another type of midfielder.

I thought you were sitting this one out?!

I'll reserve my judgement until:
a) we actually sign him
b.) he actually plays a few games
c) he shows us what he's got in the 2014 calendar

That's waaaaay to sensible for too many here.

Waiting until you have actually seen him play? That's the devils work I tell thee!

How much do we have to spend again? I'm pretty sure its more than 30m. Martinez said Fellaini departure was nothing to do with McCarthy coming in so thats 27m straight away. and I trust Martinez just like you lot do so he should be telling the truth.

Who the ****s he going after who is going to cost 30m+?

Err, have you considered, he's probably gonna spend whatever kitty he has on several players? For a start, if we don't get in the CL, then I can't see many players who are valued at 20-30 million wanting to come to us, unless they're just after the wedge. Tottenham have just spunked a shed load of money on players with that attitude. They might be doing alright of late, but they hardly got value for money.

It doesnt matter where the player is from (see my posts on McCarthy and Barry) I thought against wet brom we lacked a bit of quality and imagination in the final third although i think mcArthur is a decent player, in my opinion we need another type of midfielder.

Well, we need both types of midfielders quite frankly. We've been lucky with Barry's and McCarthy's health.

We disagree but that reply is so beautifully snarky, I want to be on your side.

It's a squad signing lads, not intended to be the fulcrum of our side for years to come.

What would you rather have, a natural bustling midfielder who at least is an obstacle in midfield, or Leon "The Invisible Ghost" Osman being walked past for 90 minutes by anyone above League 1 standard?

Assume the fee is around £2m. It adds a body to the squad for the run in, covers injuries and he's experienced at this level, and still approaching his prime. It is what it is, no need to have a meltdown.

It's a Darron Gibson style low risk thing.

Dont like the quality of player we're linked to?

Address all complaints to:

Mr William Kenwright
c/o Goodison Park.
Liverpool 4.

haha :lol you just can't help yourself :P

You're wrong (again). This one is plainly on Martinez. For the 3m-5m we'll have to pay we could get all kinds of young talent from the Bundesliga or La Liga.

I thought you were sitting this one out?!

I'll reserve my judgement until:
a) we actually sign him
b.) he actually plays a few games
c) he shows us what he's got in the 2014 calendar

Sensible post, Larry.

We are being such dicks to Wigan though aren't we?

We complain when "bigger" clubs raid us for players and yet we've taken pretty much all of their decent players from last season and are sniffing around for what's left in this window as well

It really is dirty pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back