Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from the express last May when the RS where after him

"McArthur has also been watched by Arsenal and Chelsea scouts this campaign, while Sir Alex Ferguson was a known admirer of the Scot at Manchester United."

Can't be all that bad.

Ossie off the bench for the last 20 minutes. That's ok by me. That's where this would put us. Is it great? No. Is it worth the anxiety over a squad player who can slot into a couple of positions? No.

I'm a little old for this but was probably doing it at your age.

It doesnt matter where the player is from (see my posts on McCarthy and Barry) I thought against wet brom we lacked a bit of quality and imagination in the final third although i think mcArthur is a decent player, in my opinion we need another type of midfielder.

I'm not disputing we need other alternatives in midfield but we still need squad fillers as well . This is not a bad signing.

61bJav5BftL._SY300_.jpg

IN THE HOLE

whatever happened to the whole 'global scouting network' ffs? Not going to slate the player but seriously, 4 from the same previous club in 2 windows? Fernando has less than 6 months left on his contract, you're saying they couldnt stump up an extra 1-2mil to get someone who could be better?

Is he though?
Osman has over 300 appearances for a side consistently in the top 7 of the Premier League and what's McArthur done?

Played in Scotland. Played for Scotland (15 times). Played for a relegated Prem side, and won the FA Cup with same.

At 26, he's hopefully at the peak of his ability. Osman generally is past his peak.

I fully agree McArthur will be an ok squad player, but the signing smakcs of lack of imagination, and lack of ambition.

3rd. Directly.

5th, effectively.

I agree, some people are way out of line about him.

But the valid point remains that he's no longer good enough to be in our starting 11 and we need more options with Gibbo being out.

I am fine with the fact that he should not be in the starting XI

Just the abuse he is now getting is bordering on disgusting.

He has been a steady performer at a time when we were skint, in the doldrums and nicked some vital goals for us. He doesn't deserve this abuse, he doesn't pick the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back