Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no Youtube video of him but there is this boss song I just found

[video=youtube;J2V4xWWfuLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2V4xWWfuLQ[/video]

I think we're now honour bound to make this man a household name.

sorry you don't like anyone who disagrees with you. Very rawkish trait that. You didn't politely remind me like the other fella it was straight to the infraction button.

Best to leave it now, mate. Trust me on this, the mods are fair round here, there's no favoritism.

Take it on the chin and just carry on debating, going on about it will just make things worse :cheers:

If i need to be Vaulted in the future, that's fine by me. But James McArthur is a woeful footballer, if we're looking for a limited ability football who isn't up to it, then yes, fine by me, but aren't we a side with Champions league aspirations? Screams panic, and Simon Davies esque to me!

*Hope i'm wrong

There's no Youtube video of him but there is this boss song I just found

[video=youtube;J2V4xWWfuLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2V4xWWfuLQ[/video]

I think we're now honour bound to make this man a household name.

James McArthur Stats:

1 Gold Selling Album
Double Platinum Selling Single
2 Top 20 Singles

Sign him up Bobby!

Better to have him than not to have him, depending on how much he's going to cost in transfer and wages of course.

Fine, if he improves the squad, but I share everyone else's concern that we should be casting our eye much further afield than just raiding Roberto's old club. We have a 33% success rate with that strategy so far.

I'm surprised, but in no way disappointed. McArthur is a good player.

If someone had said last season - 'Who are Wigan's 3 best players?', you'd have said McCarthy, McArthur and McManaman.

Depending on the fee, this could be a good signing. People whinge and moan, saying we don't have a big enough squad, then whinge and moan when we sign someone they don't personally like.

Some might say it's lack of imagination, others might say Martinez knows exactly what he wants, and who he wants to fill a designated role and place in our squad, so why not get someone in who knows his methods straight away and can slot in seamlessly? This lad is a Scottish international player and is of a decent age, 26.

Hope the transfer happens, in Martinez we trust.

Last edited:
Better to have him than not to have him, depending on how much he's going to cost in transfer and wages of course.

Fine, if he improves the squad, but I share everyone else's concern that we should be casting our eye much further afield than just raiding Roberto's old club. We have a 33% success rate with that strategy so far.

Exactly. Like I said earlier, the 3-5m he'll cost could be used to buy all sorts of exciting young talent from the continental leagues.

After that ''promising week'', I'm not taking this serious

Think this is a bit harsh on our DAVIDMOYES.

He said good week to be a blue. We signed a player and the news also broke that Baines was signing a new deal. Ok it's not quite done and dusted yet but come on he's not the one finalizing these things! Pretty sure he's aloud a bit of give and take with timings! Ha..

No doubt he's correct about this. I'm very underwhelmed by it tbh. Squad player or not we should be aiming higher.

He's brought in talent from Monaco (supposedly), Barca, Manchester City and Chelsea. This "he needs to look past Wigan" argument doesn't hold water. I'm sure he'd love to get some of these loan guys on permanent deals, but it's not economically feasible and he's augmenting his squad with some very solid professionals.

If i need to be Vaulted in the future, that's fine by me. But James McArthur is a woeful footballer, if we're looking for a limited ability football who isn't up to it, then yes, fine by me, but aren't we a side with Champions league aspirations? Screams panic, and Simon Davies esque to me!

*Hope i'm wrong

Having not seen much o him what would you say are his bad/good points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back