Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wigan went down because of a shocking defence (a lot of wigan fans are adamant that injuries to defenders was the cause of their demise last season, but I can't really comment on that) and apart from Alcaraz, who has looked really decent when fit, we've bought none of their defence, so you can't judge these players on the fact they were relegated.

Last edited:
He's got 6 months on his contract.
If we can get him for 1-1.5m, fine. Anything more and I would be raising an eyebrow - he's a journeyman Championship player.

If we can get him for 1-1.5m, fine. Anything more and I would be raising an eyebrow - he's a journeyman Championship player.

Are you sure he has 6 months left in his current contract mate? Transfermarket said his contract is till summer 2016.

Been in the Championship less than a season and has played for 2 clubs including Wigan at the age of 26, Hardly a journey man is he?

Some people need to realise that it's ok not to rate someone that Martinez is trying to bring in.... it doesn't make you a bad Evertonian.

We signed McCarthy simply on the basis that Martinez trusted him as a player.

Show some bloody enthusiasm for the guy, if you think 13 million is good for James then we'll pay half that for McAurthur and they might actually be bloody brilliant together for us!

Look at it this way, did you want McCarthy, or Barry, or Gibson?

Bloody hell, I thought he would be less then a million

2016 it expires I think. I still agree about the fee though. Maybe between your figure and 3M. No more than that.

This is a better standard filler to Osman as far as I'm concerned. the lad hasn't got the type of magic dust that would warrant a decent fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back