Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine that.

24m on Kone, McCarthy and McArthur.

:lol:

Christ Almighty.

That was about the going rate for Jackson Martinez I think.

Some people need to stop judging players before they play in an Everton shirt, and thinking they know better than a manager that scouted him, signed him for Wigan 4 years ago, developed him, and saw him every single day in training. As opposed to once or twice a season playing against Everton, and occasionally on tv.

Peter Reid... Andy Gray... Paul Power... Paul Rideout... Marcus Bent... Gareth Barry... James McCarthy.... just a few names off the top of my head who we signed and who people moaned about at the time. And who proved critical Evertonians wrong.

Okay, what about the players we moaned about who indeed turned out to be a waste of time, energy and money?

...and Marcus Bent wasn't all that, mate :lol:

How much do we have to spend again? I'm pretty sure its more than 30m. Martinez said Fellaini departure was nothing to do with McCarthy coming in so thats 27m straight away. and I trust Martinez just like you lot do so he should be telling the truth.

Who the ****s he going after who is going to cost 30m+?

Clearly we had to sell Fellaini to afford the 13m Whelan wanted for McCarthy, I love Bobby as much as the next man but he's telling porkies on that one. Pretty sure during negotiations Whelan came out laughing at us cos we tried offering them a pack of peanuts paid over 50 years like we try with every deal. The fact we seemingly have no money left after selling all these players is an absolute joke

We should be signing someone who knocks a first-team player on to the bench...that's how we improve our squad. Not by adding more chaff on the bench.

He was referring to us signing McGeady.

you're forgetting yourself in your disappointment. It's been looking for a while like Bobby will do his main business in the summer.

Adding this player to sometimes start or provide a better option off the bench is improving the squad and he is far from chaff. He is a good footballer.

I can imagine Barkley's and Baines' contract extensions could be announced right before the derby. If there is really only an public announcment missing.

I cant stand this, people whining when you pass on some information. I am not ITK, just staing what I am hearing off people and rumors. I thought that was what this forum was for?

Ok...lets spunk all our money on a striker who has never played in the prem and could well flop, and leave ourselves with no centre mids and no money to bring them in.....sounds like a plan mate

[video=youtube;ZS-XElWB07g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS-XElWB07g[/video]

The best I could find on Youtube, everything else was either other McJames or James Arthur.

Okay, what about the players we moaned about who indeed turned out to be a waste of time, energy and money?

...and Marcus Bent wasn't all that, mate :lol:

Always remember him working his socks off in the season we finished 4th. Definitely did better for us than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back