Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
accieskids-1888086.jpg

wigan-1888084.jpg

jr140913everton-15-6026149.jpg

Is right Carthy lad.

Jesus Christ lads, I haven't seen anything anywhere that says we're linked with him. Is this guy really such a reliable source? What about the fantastic week us Evertonians are supposed to have just had?

Marcus Bent was probably the main reason we finished 4th in 2005. His goals in the first part of the season carried the team, and - dare I say it, unlike some, worked his socks off for the WHOLE season, playing upfront alone.

I seem to remember Beattie being first choice in the second half of that season and Bent running out of steam.

He worked hard the lad but Cahill/gravesen/carsley were the main reasons for us finishing 4th that year

He was a hardworker and a willing runner.

He wasn't quality.

What do you mean by 'quality'? We bought him for £400,000. He was a key part of the team that finished 4th and qualified for the Champions League. We sold him for £2.5m to Charlton 18 months later, making a massive profit on him. One of David Moyes all time best pieces of transfer business to be honest.

He was a hardworker and a willing runner.

He wasn't quality.
Define quality.... he cost buttons,he did a great job when it was asked of him and got us points. Jib all the footballing snobbery about quality and stop getting all misty eyed about players who's careers could be over tomorrow that we could blob any budget we have on, because we don't work like that.

Jesus Christ lads, I haven't seen anything anywhere that says we're linked with him. Is this guy really such a reliable source? What about the fantastic week us Evertonians are supposed to have just had?

Signed McGeady and articles in press/media that Baines was close to a new deal.

To be fair, I'm always wary of ITKs but DAVIDMOYES is nearly always spot on.

he's usually bang on with things. he had a big snafu about 10 days ago building up to something, nothing materialized. I'd say he's GOT's #2 ITK, only behind Chico.

On another forum a lad on there recons MacArthur was at FF yesterday or today I can't remember which but it was just to see one of the old coaches from Wigan.

Wigan bring in Chelsea lad on loan
Mcarthur spotted at FF
Looks like he is after a move

Maybe a bit of 2+2 = 5 ????

Hope so tbh. Never seen the point of buying squad players who ain't good enough to force there way into the 1st team.

I do find it a bit strange that we have all heard what an encyclopedic knowledge Roberto has of the game, and we hear he will watch 3 matches on televisions simultaneously...and then he signs his 5th Wigan player!

Christ Robby, your Wigan team was pap lad, let it go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back