Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is if injuries strike....

Howard's gets injured Robles comes in. Jags is out, in come alcaraz. Barry gets injured in comes new signing mcarthur playing next to ex Wigan man McCarthy. Lukaku returns to Chelsea and Kone starts up to.

That's half the Wigan team that got relegated ffs being managed by the guy who took them down!!
There's a fine line and Roberto IMO is verging going to far with too many ex Wigan.

What happened to this wide pool of players he spoke of. I find it worrying I really do.

Summation of this post and GOT since transfer day started:

tantrum-o.gif

Clearly we had to sell Fellaini to afford the 13m Whelan wanted for McCarthy, I love Bobby as much as the next man but he's telling porkies on that one. Pretty sure during negotiations Whelan came out laughing at us cos we tried offering them a pack of peanuts paid over 50 years like we try with every deal. The fact we seemingly have no money left after selling all these players is an absolute joke

Why do you suppose we have no money?

Isn´t it quite possible that january is an extremely difficult time to do business, even for the richest clubs, and so we were always unlikely to see any big money acquisitions?

I'm guessing you moaned when we were linked with McCarthy as well mate...seen him play recently?

lets criticize everyone who isnt excited that we are signing players from a relegated team that are in mid table in the championship whilst we are aiming for a place in europes elite competition and if gary caldwell is playing for Wigan they got dicked 3-0 at doncaster on saturday, i know this as they ley me acca down

RAMIS IN

I'm guessing you moaned when we were linked with McCarthy as well mate...seen him play recently?

I also moaned about Kone though.

Yes McCarthy proves me wrong as he is now a starter for a team sitting in the 5th position but I still think we overpaid.

lets criticize everyone who isnt excited that we are signing players from a relegated team that are in mid table in the championship whilst we are aiming for a place in europes elite competition and if gary caldwell is playing for Wigan they got dicked 3-0 at doncaster on saturday, i know this as they ley me acca down

RAMIS IN

Not saying you have to be excited.

I just remember everyone moaning exactly the way they are now when we were linked with McCarthy in the summer

I wasnt excited by the McCarthy deal but I wasnt slating him either, gotta wait til the lad plays a game before we all start calling it a shocking signing

Summation of this post and GOT since transfer day started:

tantrum-o.gif

The guy has a point. Robles, Alcaraz, McAuthur, McCarthy and Kone were in a team that got relegated. I do think Martinez is risking it by bringing to many faces to Goodison with him. Granted from the list above only 1 is a starter, but if injuries continue to give us problems, it could quickly turn out reason right round. By that I mean not even get into Europe.

Lads, lads...

He still has to have an everton medical, if they dont find half of his miscus missing then Bill has to pay the money on Wigan,s terms which as we all know will start off with installments of 50P, then the lad has to agree personal terms and get that done all before transder deadline day....heheheheheheeh

Why do you suppose we have no money?

Isn´t it quite possible that january is an extremely difficult time to do business, even for the richest clubs, and so we were always unlikely to see any big money acquisitions?

Wenger has come out today and said its looking unlikely they will sign anyone. Arsenal fans must be fuming there like

I also moaned about Kone though.

Yes McCarthy proves me wrong as he is now a starter for a team sitting in the 5th position but I still think we overpaid.

i actually concur with this. for 13mil he needs to be scoring. Its not in his game at all.

and in this case, its not even about the player, its about where they are coming from. I'll be up front and honest about that.

I really don't like the way the club goes about it's transfer business, even in the summer tbh. We've seen disasters with Fer, Ofoe, Banega etc - and even this summer, we were about 15 minutes away from failing to sign Barry, McCarthy and Lukaku. Possibly the 3 key players in the squad and we left it til the very last seconds. A very dangerous game.

I seem to remember Beattie being first choice in the second half of that season and Bent running out of steam.

He worked hard the lad but Cahill/gravesen/carsley were the main reasons for us finishing 4th that year

Gravesen left for Real halfway through, but generally agree with our post. That's how I remember it. Plus Nigel Martyn and our defence keeping all those clean sheets.

Still, respect to all those championing Bent. I'm all for re-evaluation of possibly underrated ex-blues (I do it all the time for Cottee).

Everton = bully in the play ground

We've taken Wigan's dinner money, then we took their collection of pogs and now we're just taking their shoes

Not quite a bully, as we're leaving them 25m Sterling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back