Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another forum a lad on there recons MacArthur was at FF yesterday or today I can't remember which but it was just to see one of the old coaches from Wigan.

This is what was posted on twitter about 15 minutes before DAVID MOYES made his post on here
Could be that he is putting 2 & 2 together in the hope of rescuing his ITK status after his last post failed to materialise

Joe Wall ‏@JoeWall_ 42m
Mcarthur is in finch farm today. He did say he was only coming to see one of the coaches though? Weird one. #EFC

DAVIDMOYES did not do a failed post. McGeady signed and there was plenty of media articles about a break through in the Baines negotiations. That was 'a good week'. He never said we'd be signing loads.

I think some people are losing their minds on here.

People saying we overpaid for McCarthy????!!:o

I personally think the fee we paid for McCarthy was a snip when u consider his age and potential

Id go as far as to say hes one of the best in the league at his specific role....certainly far better than that Brazilian sicknote Lucas

I love watching him chase a player back, latch onto him, and not let go til he has emerged with the ball and is starting off one of our attacks

That was the last day of the window. Broken leg knew we sold Fellaini for a handsome profit...we desperately needed a replacement so I think we overpaid a bit...that was part of the game. We had no choice really.

Do you honestly believe, in light of his performances this season, that we overpaid? I am genuinely astonished if you do. How much do you think players cost these days?

McCarthy has been worth every penny, and then some. As Arteta10 says above, he's been a snip at £13m.

That was the last day of the window. Broken leg knew we sold Fellaini for a handsome profit...we desperately needed a replacement so I think we overpaid a bit...that was part of the game. We had no choice really.

Okay mate, I'll tell you one thing though, he's certainly worth no less than that NOW.

accieskids-1888086.jpg

wigan-1888084.jpg

jr140913everton-15-6026149.jpg

Is right Carthy lad.

This post wins the thread. Everyone be quiet now.

DAVIDMOYES did not do a failed post. McGeady signed and there was plenty of media articles about a break through in the Baines negotiations. That was 'a good week'. He never said we'd be signing loads.

Anyone could've posted what he wrote. It is January, so without knowing anything, the odds of someone signing are very high. Baines hasn't yet signed a new deal, so realistically he didn't get anything right.

It was very much a horoscope post.

I do not get all this grizzling over where the players come from. Look at each player on what they can and have bought to the team. Mccarthy = one of our better players, Alcaraz = when he has played looks like he could be Jags partner for a couple of seasons, Robles = young and very good backup to Howard and Kone was unfortunate to get an injury just at the start of his Everton career. I have faith though that when he does come back he will be an important member of the squad.

As for Mcarthur if he does come in, then i am positive he can bring a lot to the team as and when he needs to. It will give players like Osman more competition which in turn should raise everyone's game.

If Bobby thinks two players from Shrewsbury/Crewe/Torquay etc can enhance our squad then i will back him and them until i see it is detrimental to our football club.

Just because people pay big bucks for foreign players, it does not equate to instant success.

Well it really is the silly season. Frantic posts about things that haven´t happened . It is all very amusing ,I can see people pulling their hair our biting thier nails off swearing at the monitior .

Que sera sera ......

I think this is appalling. We've signed 4 of their players already and also stolen their manager. Wigan FC has been completely pillaged by Everton and I, as an Evertonian, am ashamed. How on Earth can we complain about people like Mark Hughes and David Moyes treating us as small time when we're raiding Wigan at will? Sickening

I'm also appalled that no one else on here seems to be bothered by it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back