Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just cant get around the idea of having a good squad, that can mean 2 good players in the same position !!!

alright, calm down calm down, mate!

The point was we'd have Oviedo as first-choice LB, a circa 3m signing as 2nd-choice LB, and 13m left over to go in the kitty.

He never said a word about McGeady.
His 2nd post made clear that the 'good news' was a reference to somebody 'staying'
Although it has been widely reported since then about Baines contract negotiations, this is still not completed.
He got it wrong.

Wouldn´t say he got it wrong at all. Could have been extremely close to completion with one or two details stalling an official announcement.

He is the only genuine ITK on this site and it´d be a far drabber place without him.

I don't know DAVIDMOYES from Adam, but he can relay information he has and have it not happen. It's not as if he's Leighton Baines himself and knows he's going to sign the contract.

If true seriousquestion marks need to be asked about martinez's transfer policy, 5 players from your former team who got relegated (only 1 of those has been a success so far) whilst we flog players for big money and are bringing loans in all over the shop.

seems our policy is loan good players and buy wigan players, problem is when
All those loans leave in the summer who will we be left with apart from half of wigans XI?

I love RM but questions have to be asked not blind RAWK style commie loyalty of "Der go support moist at manu lad if u dont like bobby"

The problem is Douglas that your post shows the perfect example of what is missing when most people are posting to ask questions of the new bosses transfer policy.

Namely, balance!

If we sign McArthur it does not show our policy is to loan good players and buy Wigan players. That is a silly comment, that doesn't add anything to the discussion. So far, we have loaned good players, and bought permanently from Wigan(not all directly though) AND Spartak. So.....far.....

It is only his second transfer window. He has stated he prefers to spend money in the summer.

Your other comment about who will we be left with, is the same. Just panicing nonsense.

You are not asking questions you are heading towards fume.

The above is the problem with 80% of the posts since that original thread started. Questioning is fine, or saying you don't rate the player from what you've seen, but most of the posts are just fuming junk.

He is at the club only a few months and has plenty of time left in only his second transfer window, one which he has said he is not too fond of spending in.

I'd give Bobby a couple of seasons at least before I'd attempt to analyse what his transfer dealings are like overall.

last part is kinda the opposite. you pay less for foreign players than comparable ones in the PL/English.

one of the worlds greatest myths. Clubs pay what other clubs want to sell at, regardless of nationality. There have ben loads of foreign players that have come over for big money and failed to live up to the hype. This season alone look at Soldado.

I think Martinez would have resigned anyway so they should thank us for getting anything for him. We have only signed two players from them for a hefty 20 million, sure thats ok by them as well. Alcaraz would never have resigned for them and Robles wasn't theirs. So overall We haven't treated them badly at all.

How many United fans do you think were saying the same thing after the Baines and Felli bids?

one of the worlds greatest myths. Clubs pay what other clubs want to sell at, regardless of nationality. There have ben loads of foreign players that have come over for big money and failed to live up to the hype. This season alone look at Soldado.

lets say Capoue was british, do you REALLY see him going for as little as he did?

Im happy we kept the World Class player tbh, mate.

Calling him world-class is a stretch, he's not in my opinion.

Certainly not this season anyway. And when Pienaar's not playing, his form degenerates. World-class players generally aren't that reliant on a certain team-mate.

I love Baines, he's a proper icon. But to get ahead of the pack we sometimes have to make brutal decisions to further the squad (Fergie did it all the time at Man U).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back