Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we sold all those players at market rate and brought in proper replacements, I wouldn't care one bit. There is also a bit of a dynamic here that you're ignoring, in that ManU is a rival of ours this year, Wigan and Everton aren't rivals.

Do you honestly think Man United saw us as a rival before the season started?

Even now, most of them probably don't

I'm just saying that we have no right to complain when a club treats us as small time in the future because we have treated Wigan in exactly that matter

It's almost like some of you think the Wiganers are doing backflips of joy that the mighty Everton is interested in their players

I wouldn't be shocked if their fanbase detested us

Just spoke to my old man who's a big Wigan fan. He told me he's heard it's a done deal. He rates McArthur and McCarthy as a midfield pairing. He said we'd be surprised with McArthur especially his work rate. In his opinion McCarthy always performed better when McArthur was next to him in centre mid.

Do you honestly think Man United saw us as a rival before the season started?

Even now, most of them probably don't

I'm just saying that we have no right to complain when a club treats us as small time in the future because we have treated in exactly that matter

It's almost like some of you think the Wiganers are doing backflips of joy that the mighty Everton is interested in their players

I wouldn't be shocked if their fanbase detested us

We're in the same league, we're competitors.

I wouldn't complain if some club treats us as "small time." People who do should find better things to do with their time.

I couldn't care less if their fanbase detested us.

That's probably arguable, positives and negatives about probably any player out there, and he's had a bad year, despite scoring a few free kicks. Plus Pienaar in play makes him a thousand times better than he is if he's not playing, so I see nothing wrong with what dholliday is saying.

We should just do what they did to Gareth Barry and move him to central/defensive midfield and play Oviedo at left back really, at least it would mean we drop Osman...
*Obviously not.

I'd love Baines to try his luck on the left wing. He's got so much attacking talent that we should think about how to use it differently. He'd have Bryan behind him, and Peanut to the right of him.

I rarely say this about other people's opinions, because they are inherently subjective, but that is simply incorrect. I could count the amount of teams in the world where Baines wouldn't be an improvement on their starting 11, on one hand.

But that's subjective in itself.

The problem is Douglas that your post shows the perfect example of what is missing when most people are posting to ask questions of the new bosses transfer policy.

Namely, balance!

If we sign McArthur it does not show our policy is to loan good players and buy Wigan players. That is a silly comment, that doesn't add anything to the discussion. So far, we have loaned good players, and bought permanently from Wigan(not all directly though) AND Spartak. So.....far.....

It is only his second transfer window. He has stated he prefers to spend money in the summer.

Your other comment about who will we be left with, is the same. Just panicing nonsense.

You are not asking questions you are heading towards fume.

The above is the problem with 80% of the posts since that original thread started. Questioning is fine, or saying you don't rate the player from what you've seen, but most of the posts are just fuming junk.

He is at the club only a few months and has plenty of time left in only his second transfer window, one which he has said he is not too fond of spending in.

I'd give Bobby a couple of seasons at least before I'd attempt to analyse what his transfer dealings are like overall.

with the signings he's made (not including loans as they AINT OUR PLAYERS) before people go on about these quality deals like Kenwright and Bobby have played a blinder, all of our signings bar McCarthy (who had trials at clubs like Liverpool, was scouted by Barca (not the "scouted" like in the papers but really scouted) and was 22 when we signed him and was obviously a good player, Mcarthur on the other hand, is 26 in his prime and playing in the championship, he is not at a young age like McCarthy who can improve with the age and develop etc.

Like has also been Said Martinez has given in to fan pressure by giving baines a new deal, bar West ham he has been ****e this season and for £16 mil that could of gotten us a Fernando/Banega to slot into the midfield with money left over for a young and decent LB cover for Oviedo like Davies etc.

Im just not impressed with his transfer dealings so far, style of play 10/10, giving belief into players 10/10, tactics 9/10, but until he can show he can bring in your pienaar's, colemans, arteta's, jagielka's, lescott's, Baines's etc. for £3-5 mil deals like moyes did I'll be concerned as loan deals arnt permanent and Wigan FC don't have the quality for a top 4 push

We're in the same league, we're competitors.

I wouldn't complain if some club treats us as "small time." People who do should find better things to do with their time.

I couldn't care less if their fanbase detested us.

Well then I feel sorry for you mate

Why you'd encourage such a thing is beyond me

I take pride in the fact that I support a club which is pretty much universally liked

with the signings he's made (not including loans as they AINT OUR PLAYERS) before people go on about these quality deals like Kenwright and Bobby have played a blinder, all of our signings bar McCarthy (who had trials at clubs like Liverpool, was scouted by Barca (not the "scouted" like in the papers but really scouted) and was 22 when we signed him and was obviously a good player, Mcarthur on the other hand, is 26 in his prime and playing in the championship, he is not at a young age like McCarthy who can improve with the age and develop etc.

Like has also been Said Martinez has given in to fan pressure by giving baines a new deal, bar West ham he has been ****e this season and for £16 mil that could of gotten us a Fernando/Banega to slot into the midfield with money left over for a young and decent LB cover for Oviedo like Davies etc.

Im just not impressed with his transfer dealings so far, style of play 10/10, giving belief into players 10/10, tactics 9/10, but until he can show he can bring in your pienaar's, colemans, arteta's, jagielka's, lescott's, Baines's etc. for £3-5 mil deals like moyes did I'll be concerned as loan deals arnt permanent and Wigan FC don't have the quality for a top 4 push

He brings in the hottest prospect in Spanish football on loan for possibly two years, one of the hottest striking prospects in the Premier League on loan, reinvigorates the midfield with two stellar signings in Barry and McCarthy and adds a competent number two goalkeeper to the squad for peanuts - whilst getting ridiculous money for Anichebe and Jelavic and sticking to his guns on Fellaini to get a great fee - and you're not impressed?

Bizarre.

He brings in the hottest prospect in Spanish football on loan for possibly two years, one of the hottest striking prospects in the Premier League on loan, reinvigorates the midfield with two stellar signings in Barry and McCarthy and adds a competent number two goalkeeper to the squad for peanuts - whilst getting ridiculous money for Anichebe and Jelavic and sticking to his guns on Fellaini to get a great fee - and you're not impressed?

Bizarre.

All that was great apart from the Joel bit...he's flapped in his only opportunity so far. Cost us a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back