Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that was great apart from the Joel bit...he's flapped in his only opportunity so far. Cost us a goal.

Young back up keeper who could come good that cost next to nothing though, kept funds from being wasted. Not exactly bad business. Better than bringing in the Carlo Nash's of this world all the time.

could be more of a case of environment vs whatever but, fair enough, i see your point.

Thats the nail on the head isnt it mate. In transfers there are so many factors that cannot be predetermined, ie environment etc that in my opinion a sweeping statement that you get better value for money buying foreign isnt necessarily the case.

All that was great apart from the Joel bit...he's flapped in his only opportunity so far. Cost us a goal.

He should have saved it like but it wasn't an easy shot to save since it wobbled in the air just before he made contact with it, Howard would have had a hard time saving it as well I reckon

He brings in the hottest prospect in Spanish football on loan for possibly two years, one of the hottest striking prospects in the Premier League on loan, reinvigorates the midfield with two stellar signings in Barry and McCarthy and adds a competent number two goalkeeper to the squad for peanuts - whilst getting ridiculous money for Anichebe and Jelavic and sticking to his guns on Fellaini to get a great fee - and you're not impressed?

Bizarre.

Until you grasp the reality of life under Bill Kenwright I cant help you on this, why are we chasing top 4 and not mid table with an owner who is skint? I'll tell you right now, Rooney £27 million, Lescott £24 million, Felli £27 mil, AJ £13 million, Arteta £10 million and a manager who brought in quality signings for low prices ie. pienaar £2.5 mil, coleman 60k, jags and lescott £4-5 mil, arteta £2 mil, baines £5 mil etc.

Romelu Lukaku wont be here next season, its a 1 season fix
Gerard Delofou wont be here next season, its a 1 season fix
Lacina Traore if he signs wont be here next season, its a 1 season fix
Barry may stay on a free but will be 33 next season so wont be around for long

A club like ours stays competitive by buying quality, and when 3-4 of those players develop into top 4/6 quality we sell 1 for £20 mil+ and use that to bring in another 2-3 low deals and the cycle continues, if you cant see that then theirs no point debating as that's reality of Everton FC, loan signings wont stay and wont give us the money Kenwright doesn't give to invest in the squad, therefore unless Martinez brings bargains out the hat like Moyes did we will slide down the years, Wigan FC don't have the quality to do that

Could totally see the sense in bringing in mcArthur personally. We're short in that department atm, but as long as we have mcCarthy and Barry fit, he'll be a decent back up to have on the bench. At least better than Leon Osman. Next season we'll hopefully see a fully fit Gibson competing plus probably Lundstram brought into the squad. Don't think it's a position we have to spend in heavily. Guess he's relatively cheap, so no complaint from me.

In a game we won....

Young back up keeper who could come good that cost next to nothing though, kept funds from being wasted. Not exactly bad business. Better than bringing in the Carlo Nash's of this world all the time.

He did alright against Sunderland like, and he is still young for a keeper.

He should have saved it like but it wasn't an easy shot to save since it wobbled in the air just before he made contact with it, Howard would have had a hard time saving it as well I reckon

A backup keeper who's no good is no good full stop.

I hope his next outing proves he's a little better than that. A good goalkeeper is confident in his abilities, with him being young hopefully he'll learn this confidence. Should we play him vs Stevenage?

..I must say, I thought it was narrow minded sticking to a market 15 miles away when we have the world to shop in, but on balance our buys from Wigan have been ok. Robles is an improvement as back up goalie, McCarthy has been excellent, Alcaraz is fragile but looks quality and Kone is an unknown. RM wants defensive CM cover and if he thinks McArthur fits the bill that'll do me. Main point is will we be stronger at the end of the window than the start and if we can bring in Traore, McGeady and McArthur I'd say we are.

I think apart from that mistake Joel was good against Sunderland and Southampton. Hardly like it was an absolute howler either. Should have saved it but it was a good shot. Not worried about him.

What happened to the 'Good week to be an Evertonian' lads? Plus a lid who works at FF has said that McArthur told him he was simply just visiting the coaches. Me thinks someone on here has took over his account to drum up interest in the site.

A backup keeper who's no good is no good full stop.

I hope his next outing proves he's a little better than that. A good goalkeeper is confident in his abilities, with him being young hopefully he'll learn this confidence. Should we play him vs Stevenage?

There's no indication he's not good though. He makes me panic when he plays, but that's because he has a lot to learn and would need a run of games regardless, like De Gea when he arrived - not saying they have the same quality or potential, but just saying it's similar in circumstance.

I really rated McCarthy and thought he would do well at Everton.
However,when I watched Wigan play last season(3 or 4 times) I thought McArthur was just as impressive.

Kone has been injured, Alcaraz has had just a couple of very impressive dispays but the other signings,including loanees have played a huge part in us being one point off fourth place after 22 games played.

If RM McArthur, that's good enough for me.

What happened to the 'Good week to be an Evertonian' lads? Plus a lid who works at FF has said that McArthur told him he was simply just visiting the coaches. Me thinks someone on here has took over his account to drum up interest in the site.

Really? Konspiraceeeeeeeeeee

Or his source has seen him at FF, assumed he was signing, and DAVIDMOYES has jumped to a conclusion.

We should probably wait and see if he actually signs or not first.

Extremely disappointed that Martinez has said Traore coming in will probably be the last player in. Having 4 loanees potentially making your starting 11 is getting a bit ridiculous, and the squad is definitely not deep enough to get top 4.
It's obviously the cliche question but where has all that money from Fellaini gone? All on debts?

Extremely disappointed that Martinez has said Traore coming in will probably be the last player in. Having 4 loanees potentially making your starting 11 is getting a bit ridiculous, and the squad is definitely not deep enough to get top 4.
It's obviously the cliche question but where has all that money from Fellaini gone? All on debts?

Deulofeu probably won't be a starter for us and Barry is likely to sign anyway in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back