Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly believe, in light of his performances this season, that we overpaid? I am genuinely astonished if you do. How much do you think players cost these days?

McCarthy has been worth every penny, and then some. As Arteta10 says above, he's been a snip at £13m.

As I have said I have my hands up, McCarthy proves he is a very good player for Everton. What I am saying is if that was not the last day of the window and we just got 27.5m for Fellaini, I think he may cost a bit less.

DAVIDMOYES did not do a failed post. McGeady signed and there was plenty of media articles about a break through in the Baines negotiations. That was 'a good week'. He never said we'd be signing loads.

He never said a word about McGeady.
His 2nd post made clear that the 'good news' was a reference to somebody 'staying'
Although it has been widely reported since then about Baines contract negotiations, this is still not completed.
He got it wrong.

So what if the things DM said didn't happen instantly, he's proven time and time again he has a source and more often than not things go to plan.

His 2nd post made clear that the 'good news' was a reference to somebody 'staying'
Although it has been widely reported since then about Baines contract negotiations, this is still not completed.
He got it wrong.

Baines staying isn't necessarily good news anyway when you take into account:

- his age
- we could've got 16m for him
- his form all season
- our form when Oviedo played at LB

I think this is appalling. We've signed 4 of their players already and also stolen their manager. Wigan FC has been completely pillaged by Everton and I, as an Evertonian, am ashamed. How on Earth can we complain about people like Mark Hughes and David Moyes treating us as small time when we're raiding Wigan at will? Sickening

I'm also appalled that no one else on here seems to be bothered by it

It's not as if we snuck into the DW after midnight and kidnapped these guys. Wigan were given consideration for players, probably sucks for their supporters but they were relegated, they weren't keeping these guys anyway.

I guess you're forgetting about the hundreds of articles which said McGeady was all but done before he posted "it will be a good week for Evertonians" But yeh you're right mate he really called that one.

Funny, because I don't know anybody, either online or in real life, who was expecting him to be unveiled against Norwich just 2 hours before kick-off.....

I think this is appalling. We've signed 4 of their players already and also stolen their manager. Wigan FC has been completely pillaged by Everton and I, as an Evertonian, am ashamed. How on Earth can we complain about people like Mark Hughes and David Moyes treating us as small time when we're raiding Wigan at will? Sickening

I'm also appalled that no one else on here seems to be bothered by it

I think Martinez would have resigned anyway so they should thank us for getting anything for him. We have only signed two players from them for a hefty 20 million, sure thats ok by them as well. Alcaraz would never have resigned for them and Robles wasn't theirs. So overall We haven't treated them badly at all.

Baines staying isn't necessarily good news anyway when you take into account:

- his age
- we could've got 16m for him
- his form all season
- our form when Oviedo played at LB

Some people just cant get around the idea of having a good squad, that can mean 2 good players in the same position !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back