Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
i actually concur with this. for 13mil he needs to be scoring. Its not in his game at all.

and in this case, its not even about the player, its about where they are coming from. I'll be up front and honest about that.

Football is about more than just scoring goals lad. McCarthy works to protect the back four and start off our attacks, its not in his job description to score goals

I also moaned about Kone though.

Yes McCarthy proves me wrong as he is now a starter for a team sitting in the 5th position but I still think we overpaid.

We never overpaid though. We paid the amount that was required in order for us to complete the deal, and I, for one, am very much glad we got him.

i actually concur with this. for 13mil he needs to be scoring. Its not in his game at all.

and in this case, its not even about the player, its about where they are coming from. I'll be up front and honest about that.

Because he cost £13m, he should be scoring goals?

I don't even know where to start...

I welcome any player that comes through the door obviously........ but christ

I can't see many buying a shirt with his name on it like ? just saying

On another forum a lad on there recons MacArthur was at FF yesterday or today I can't remember which but it was just to see one of the old coaches from Wigan.

This is what was posted on twitter about 15 minutes before DAVID MOYES made his post on here
Could be that he is putting 2 & 2 together in the hope of rescuing his ITK status after his last post failed to materialise

Joe Wall ‏@JoeWall_ 42m
Mcarthur is in finch farm today. He did say he was only coming to see one of the coaches though? Weird one. #EFC

Gravesen left for Real halfway through, but generally agree with our post. That's how I remember it. Plus Nigel Martyn and our defence keeping all those clean sheets.

Still, respect to all those championing Bent. I'm all for re-evaluation of possibly underrated ex-blues (I do it all the time for Cottee).

Not quite a bully, as we're leaving them 25m Sterling!

£2.5 million LESS than we got for 1 player ???

The guy has a point. Robles, Alcaraz, McAuthur, McCarthy and Kone were in a team that got relegated. I do think Martinez is risking it by bringing to many faces to Goodison with him. Granted from the list above only 1 is a starter, but if injuries continue to give us problems, it could quickly turn out reason right round. By that I mean not even get into Europe.

I've said it once, I'll say it again: Wigan went down because of a shocking defence. 73 goals they conceded! 73! Unless we buy their entire defence, I won't be overly concerned.

We never overpaid though. We paid the amount that was required in order for us to complete the deal, and I, for one, am very much glad we got him.

That was the last day of the window. Broken leg knew we sold Fellaini for a handsome profit...we desperately needed a replacement so I think we overpaid a bit...that was part of the game. We had no choice really.

If true seriousquestion marks need to be asked about martinez's transfer policy, 5 players from your former team who got relegated (only 1 of those has been a success so far) whilst we flog players for big money and are bringing loans in all over the shop.

seems our policy is loan good players and buy wigan players, problem is when
All those loans leave in the summer who will we be left with apart from half of wigans XI?

I love RM but questions have to be asked not blind RAWK style commie loyalty of "Der go support moist at manu lad if u dont like bobby"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back