Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather get Carsley out of retirement then get another average Wigan player who isn't turning many heads with his performances in division one this season. When I say another, I am of course referring to Sisqo and Robles.

I thought he was a small chap, looks really tall in this photo

olly-murs-james-arthur.jpg

you're forgetting yourself in your disappointment. It's been looking for a while like Bobby will do his main business in the summer.

Adding this player to sometimes start or provide a better option off the bench is improving the squad and he is far from chaff. He is a good footballer.

Aye, you're right on the first part...it's the Wigan thing which is getting my goat.

Good post, hope you're right otherwise too.

Ok...lets spunk all our money on a striker who has never played in the prem and could well flop, and leave ourselves with no centre mids and no money to bring them in.....sounds like a plan mate

Who Dares Wins.

That was about the going rate for Jackson Martinez I think.

Okay, what about the players we moaned about who indeed turned out to be a waste of time, energy and money?

...and Marcus Bent wasn't all that, mate :lol:

Marcus Bent cost us £450k. He led the line admirably for us in our best ever prem season and was then sold for £2.3 million. He is very much one of Moyes' unheralded transfer successes.

At the the start of the window we needed a CM, a winger and a forward. We've one down, in near completion and we're just missing the CM. After McCarthy, I'll trust Roberto on this one

Exactly, and more specifically we've needed a backup cm, winger and forward. Not first teamers. This is exactly what Martinez is doing. How often did we enter a Moyes January transfer window needing a winger and exited with a centre back or right back?

My guess is this deal is a cheap one, allowing us to do our first team shopping in the Summer.

Okay, what about the players we moaned about who indeed turned out to be a waste of time, energy and money?

...and Marcus Bent wasn't all that, mate :lol:

Marcus Bent was probably the main reason we finished 4th in 2005. His goals in the first part of the season carried the team, and - dare I say it, unlike some, worked his socks off for the WHOLE season, playing upfront alone.

He will fire us to 7th place and then when our solid defence starts to get older martinez will sign a load of ****e defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back