Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We signed McCarthy simply on the basis that Martinez trusted him as a player.

Show some bloody enthusiasm for the guy, if you think 13 million is good for James then we'll pay half that for McAurthur and they might actually be bloody brilliant together for us!

Look at it this way, did you want McCarthy, or Barry, or Gibson?

He's brought in talent from Monaco (supposedly), Barca, Manchester City and Chelsea. This "he needs to look past Wigan" argument doesn't hold water. I'm sure he'd love to get some of these loan guys on permanent deals, but it's not economically feasible and he's augmenting his squad with some very solid professionals.

going back, going back, probably will stay and going back. This 'he needs to look past Wigan' absolutely holds water since all but one of his permanent signings are from there(and he was a target from his Wigan days)

I suppose the positive way to look at it IF we are bringing McCarthur in is that as well as adding to numbers he knows how to play Martinez football and fit into his systems therefore no worrying about him getting up to speed with the rest of the squad.

going back, going back, probably will stay and going back. This 'he needs to look past Wigan' absolutely holds water since every one of this permanent signings are from there.

It doesn't hold water because it implies that he's only looking at Wigan for players. He obviously isn't.

I suppose the positive way to look at it IF we are bringing McCarthur in is that as well as adding to numbers he knows how to play Martinez football and fit into his systems therefore no worrying about him getting up to speed with the rest of the squad.

Right, Wigan players playing Martinez football really worked for them in their push for Europe last season.

We signed McCarthy simply on the basis that Martinez trusted him as a player.

Show some bloody enthusiasm for the guy, if you think 13 million is good for James then we'll pay half that for McAurthur and they might actually be bloody brilliant together for us!

Look at it this way, did you want McCarthy, or Barry, or Gibson?

I hope it isn't anywhere near 6M. That is about 3M OTT, imo. He's a squad filler with not that much left on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back