Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Egg, but have to strongly disagree...Gibson is a sicknote...if either of McCarthy or Barry gets injured, we are in shyte street...not at the end, right in the middle because the only cover we have, is Osman...unless of course Roberto does what I have been advocating for some time [unashamed punt I know] and put a certain Mr Stones into that slot...just imagine Stones and McCarthy in those holding roles...mouth watering I tell you...well, for me anyway as I know many on the Forum thinks that Stones as a holding midfielder is a Nuts idea, and so am I...

If push comes to shove id rather see baines put there , bit like bayern do with lahm at times.

He says in today's Echo that his top 2 targets for this window were McGeady and Traore and he's delighted that he got them both and we're now strong enough to challenge for the top 4 right to the end.

We aren't though, cause any injuries means Osman has to play.

We need a midfielder as backup to Barry and McCarthy, who could also play behind Lukaku if necessary. If we get that kind of player in by the end of January then i'd say we've got every chance of being around the top 4 come the end of the season. If we don't then playing Osman in midfield will ruin our chances, he's just not good enough.

We need a midfielder as backup to Barry and McCarthy, who could also play behind Lukaku if necessary. If we get that kind of player in by the end of January then i'd say we've got every chance of being around the top 4 come the end of the season. If we don't then playing Osman in midfield will ruin our chances, he's just not good enough.

Completely agree.

A player of the required calibre will set us back a few quid and I certainly can't think of anyone who can fill that role.

How is it funny?

What that guy from manic street preachers saying what Gillette and hicks was doing to liverpool was like watching your family being rapped I thought it was funny in a over the top way.

But anyway I will be very very disappointed if we don't bring in a CM it's all went quiet on Defour going to Fulham hasn't it.

prepare to be vaulted.

You can if you want.

Trust me, though, I've watched more than enough of him to know he's unlikely to be a future Everton player. Upper Championship/lower Premier League maybe, I reckon.

Ledson's almost as good now and he's 17.

We should just about cope without more CM cover. Traore can play behind the striker, and McGeady gives us more options for pushing Mirallas or Pienaar more central, freeing up Barkley or (in a pinch) Osman to drop into midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back