Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just say he isn't very nice.

This one is for you davek.

Bill is in complete control of the club, he has the final say in eveything, transfers, badge etc. The CEO is literally a puppet to him, even though he comes across amicably.

Bill literally puts on an act when he's on camera, he's an actor. But as someone who works at the club and with another family member having to put up with him on match day, the man is horrible, capricious and a bully. His wife is a really nice lady though, don't know how he puts up with him.

Yes, you're correct, the public image of him is positive.

You have pointed out before on many occasions on how tight he is financially, that goes with how stubborn he is, he won't accept it any other way which is why I was initially surprised when Martinez came in.

Martinez won't stand for that for long. I think his exit will be a joe royle style fiery one

The next signing whether this window or next is from la liga I've been telling you lot for weeks...I don't see our scouting staff out there just coz they like the footy

The canales rumours could have some legs

Have we used all our loan slots up?. The reports say Canales loan with view to permanent...

Unless they make the Barry deal permanent now.

[TABLE="class: transfers table"]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: date"]30/06/14[/TD]
[TD="class: player"]Gerard Deulofeu[/TD]
[TD="class: team"]Barcelona[/TD]
[TD="class: type"]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD="class: player"]R. Lukaku[/TD]
[TD="class: team"]Chelsea[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: player"]L. Traoré[/TD]
[TD="class: team"]Monaco[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD="class: player"]G. Barry[/TD]
[TD="class: team"]Man City[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The next signing whether this window or next is from la liga I've been telling you lot for weeks...I don't see our scouting staff out there just coz they like the footy

The canales rumours could have some legs

Hope so!! With moyes I always loved how he would take players who never quite filled their potential (pienaar, arteta etc...) and they always ended up boss for us. Be great if RM can carry that on.

Ince on the move, guess we'll see if RM actually wants him or not. He'd have to buy him like. Could be a worthy addition IMO for a few million. Pienaar getting on a bit, Deleufoe only a loan, Miralass a viable option off the front man. Personally I'd bring him in he's a good squad option and has some potential.

I said last week the Baines contract news would be announced Friday, it was put back a few days

it will 100% be announced before tomorrows game

Oh wait, found this in a Watford article:

[h=2]Loophole[/h] Neither the Premier League nor the Football League rules contain such restrictions in relation to international loans. When a player joins a club from an international association, the leagues recognise that player as a new signing. They do not register that player as a loan signing but as a permanent transfer while FIFA recognise the player as being on loan. So, in essence, a team could have 11 international loan players in the team on a match day without breaking any Premier League or Football League regulations.

Anyone know if this is the case?

Sky Sports saying that Blackpool have given Tom Ince permission to talk to a Premier League club for a loan... meaning that he will not be coming to us (in January anyway) because we already have our maximum of 4 loans. Shame really now that Oviedo is likely to be out for the rest of the season.
Martinez really rates ince and was waiting until the summer to go for him but we are not in the running because we have no spare money. I was told this by someone who knows his onions.
We will have a bit to spend in summer but nothing like what we should have.

Martinez really rates ince and was waiting until the summer to go for him but we are not in the running because we have no spare money. I was told this by someone who knows his onions.

Of course we have the money for Ince, if we don't go in for him, its due to Martinez NOT WANTING HIM.

Don't believe you. Christ the amount of people who claim to know what money RM has got or not got is unreal. I imagine there's very few people who actually know!

If we don't get involved in the Ince deal I imagine the intrest from RM is not really strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back