Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%. I know normally you can never say never, but in this case it's 100%. Don't get me wrong he would be great, its just its not a transfer everton can make happen in January.
It isn't 100% though is it? The odds are highly against it I agree, and no there's very little chance. But nobody knows 100%.

Baines could be sold for big money that would increase our options. Villa would still be highly unlikely to sell mid season even if they were offered big money.

I'd say it's 100% that we wont sign Messi in January though..

He's just signed a new contract and he's villa's one true hope, their only good player. Plus richer teams would bid if we somehow managed to come up with the £25/£30m we'd need to buy him (which we 100% haven't got).
Benteke to Everton in January might as well be saying Messi. Jovetic on loan though could be a great idea

Don't want Benteke to come anywhere near us.

Struck down with Jelavic syndrome, just like Cisse.

If we could get Vucinic then we would be sorted.

People are not wanting the likes of benteke.. but want vucinic. Is it because he's more of an unknown? because he hasn't been a good striker for a few years now.

People are not wanting the likes of benteke.. but want vucinic. Is it because he's more of an unknown? because he hasn't been a good striker for a few years now.

He has a boss foreign name and plays for a cool Euro team therefore people think he's boss.

It is a cool name to be fair.

He has a boss foreign name and plays for a cool Euro team therefore people think he's boss.

It is a cool name to be fair.

Its exactly the same as in the summer with the new manager. Nobody wanted Martinez but were raving about the prospect of Vitor Pereira taking over. These exotic sounding names with their nice suits and slick hair, turning the eye of many a football fan even though they have in reality no idea who or what they can do....

He's a quality player. Has an interesting celebration though...
[video=youtube;s8w-NTTTCmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8w-NTTTCmg[/video]

Not sure if anyone has thought of this but what if we cannot sign any players in January?

I'm not talking about money here, but any player we sign have to adapt to our system very quickly otherwise the system won't work. Now if we sign from Arsenal/Barca and the like it wouldn't be a problem but not all teams play our type of football and the current squad minus our midfield lynchpins have all had 2 months of boot camp training in it. It is all well and good signing some quality midfielder but if he hoofs it to the striker or loses posession by thinking too long then the passing game falls apart.

So on that note, Iniesta, Ramsey, Messi and Fabregas will do for me this January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back