Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramsey is quality now, only have to look at his performances and match winning goals. Barkley will clearly be a much better than him and McCarthy has shown he has the potential to be an immense midfielder when paired with an experienced partner so you are probably right.

Not sure if anyone has thought of this but what if we cannot sign any players in January?

I'm not talking about money here, but any player we sign have to adapt to our system very quickly otherwise the system won't work. Now if we sign from Arsenal/Barca and the like it wouldn't be a problem but not all teams play our type of football and the current squad minus our midfield lynchpins have all had 2 months of boot camp training in it. It is all well and good signing some quality midfielder but if he hoofs it to the striker or loses posession by thinking too long then the passing game falls apart.

So on that note, Iniesta, Ramsey, Messi and Fabregas will do for me this January.

Barry and McCarthy joined on deadline day and slotted straight in?

Barry and McCarthy joined on deadline day and slotted straight in?

They are an exception but then again Barry is vastly experienced and McCarthy was already playing that style of football under our manager anyway. Plus Barry doesn't play the passing game as much as the others, it is his job to win the ball and distribute to the others to do that.

They are an exception but then again Barry is vastly experienced and McCarthy was already playing that style of football under our manager anyway. Plus Barry doesn't play the passing game as much as the others, it is his job to win the ball and distribute to the others to do that.

Young players have the season to bed in if signed permanently.

Loan should be looking at a forward till end of season.

Midfield a signing perhaps.

Edit -- defenders also need time to settle.

You're probably too young to get that allusion. John McKay used to coach USC back in the 70's and a reporter asked him if he was giving the ball too much to one running back. McKay replied "What do I care? The ball ain't heavy and he ain't in a union".

Hah, yes, I am a bit too young for that.

I also don't like college football, but that's another issue entirely.

Heitinga and cash for Michael Bradley?

...I'll keep dreaming...

Careful Garrick. Next thing you know, we'll be posting YouTube videos of Jozy Altidore and debating the finer points of Lend/Lease 1940.

At this point I'd be happy to sit Jonny on the corner with FREE scrawled on a piece of cardboard. NEA.

Careful Garrick. Next thing you know, we'll be posting YouTube videos of Jozy Altidore and debating the finer points of Lend/Lease 1940.

There are very few US players I will defend to death. It's really only Tim Howard and Michael Bradley. Tim's easy because he's here. Bradley is the glue that holds the USMNT together. Our offense is just rudderless without him.

That being said, I kind of doubt Roma would be willing to sell him now. They're sitting in second behind Juventus.

Ramsey is quality now, only have to look at his performances and match winning goals. Barkley will clearly be a much better than him and McCarthy has shown he has the potential to be an immense midfielder when paired with an experienced partner so you are probably right.

There is absolutely no evidence of that. Barkley is a top young player, but Ramsey is ****ing brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back