Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closer, I'd suggest this:

Baines £17m
Gueye £1m
Pienaar £4m
Osman £3m
Naismith £3m
Alcaraz £1m
Kone £4m

Why sell Kone after hardly any appearances? Or Alcaraz for that matter? Hibbo surely wont be content to sit on the bench, great EPL standard full back, would be a shoe in (excuse the pun) at Stoke, Palace etc, so he might be off esp with Stones as cover for Coleman. Johnny H will go too and possibly Gueye. No chance of Ozzie leaving as will need guaranteed cover after this season without perm deals for G-Baz.

For me, out in Jan will be Heitinga £1m Hibbo £1m Gueye -Free Jelavic - poss on loan

You will not sell Hibbert.

No one would pay 1m for Hibbo and even at that price, what's that going to buy us? He's still a good pro to have around the place, it's not all about Saturday afternoons at clubs, young lads coming through need players to look up to and Hibbo would be one of those having played with Rooney when we last won the FA Youth Cup. If he wants to play I'm sure Bobby will send him out on loan or let him leave on a free in the summer. As for loaning or selling Jelavic, what happens if/when Lukaku is injured? Jela is our only cover at the minute. People need to think these things through, we've still got a relatively small squad, we can't afford to start getting rid of players just for the sake of it

No one would pay 1m for Hibbo and even at that price, what's that going to buy us? He's still a good pro to have around the place, it's not all about Saturday afternoons at clubs, young lads coming through need players to look up to and Hibbo would be one of those having played with Rooney when we last won the FA Youth Cup. If he wants to play I'm sure Bobby will send him out on loan or let him leave on a free in the summer. As for loaning or selling Jelavic, what happens if/when Lukaku is injured? Jela is our only cover at the minute. People need to think these things through, we've still got a relatively small squad, we can't afford to start getting rid of players just for the sake of it

Mirallas up top, Naismith out wide?

When will Jelavic score lad? I honestly can't see him scoring another goal for us look at the state of him. He nearly fell over the ball FFS

[video=youtube;C4_VaR53skk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4_VaR53skk[/video]

We need Martins-Indi. He's got real potential and Distin will slow down eventually. It's weird because Martins-Indi and Stones are neither natural full backs or centre backs for me, could see Martinez revert to his 3/5 at the back, Coleman & Oviedo would suit them roles perfectly (providing Baines does one). IMO I prefer 4 with Gaz Baz dropping.

We need Martins-Indi. He's got real potential and Distin will slow down eventually. It's weird because Martins-Indi and Stones are neither natural full backs or centre backs for me, could see Martinez revert to his 3/5 at the back, Coleman & Oviedo would suit them roles perfectly (providing Baines does one). IMO I prefer 4 with Gaz Baz dropping.

Why do you say this? Their both natural centre backs....

Bakkali for PSV is meant to be decent. Partly basing that on FIfa 14 but snap someone like that up and it could be Deleuwho next summer.

Sell jelavic heitinga and if need be Baines. We keep baines and just bring players in and we will be stronger. Hell 7 million from Johnny and Niki combined could sign a half decent midfielder for the future if we look hard enough.

Would you be happy if we only brought a loan or so in next month but announced the likes of Fernando and McGeady etc were arriving for free in the summer?

Bakkali for PSV is meant to be decent. Partly basing that on FIfa 14 but snap someone like that up and it could be Deleuwho next summer.

Sell jelavic heitinga and if need be Baines. We keep baines and just bring players in and we will be stronger. Hell 7 million from Johnny and Niki combined could sign a half decent midfielder for the future if we look hard enough.

Would you be happy if we only brought a loan or so in next month but announced the likes of Fernando and McGeady etc were arriving for free in the summer?
Done the same on my FIFA 14 brought him in January window ready for when gerard goes back to barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back