Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yann M'villa linked again today, I am not too sure about this one, I know he was at the derby (sat with Liverpool fans :blink:).

My understanding is that he is a defensive midfielder, I could only see us signing him if we were not keeping Barry or if we were going to sell Gibson when he is fit?

http://talksport.com/football/everton-keen-france-midfielder-13122072604?

That would actually be amazing...him and indi martins signing would sort central defence and central midfield for a decade.

Would have alot of strength and height added as well.

Forgot Johnny is out of contract. Perhaps 5.5 then for the pair. I valued Jelavic on current form of 18 months at 3.5 million. Still young enough but ****e. We won't get a penny more than that unless West Brom are interested.

I say we sign some wonder kid from Argentina or somewhere, perhaps Angel Correa. Tell them we are sending our best young talent and then send Jelavic. Just forge the passport and they won't be able to tell. Just get ross to get a perm done in the next few weeks and we are laughing.

Forgot Johnny is out of contract. Perhaps 5.5 then for the pair. I valued Jelavic on current form of 18 months at 3.5 million. Still young enough but ****e. We won't get a penny more than that unless West Brom are interested.

I say we sign some wonder kid from Argentina or somewhere, perhaps Angel Correa. Tell them we are sending our best young talent and then send Jelavic. Just forge the passport and they won't be able to tell. Just get ross to get a perm done in the next few weeks and we are laughing.

Seriously mate are you on the wind up in here?

Listen people, you can't just mention stats on FIFA 14, we need to know the FM 14 stats as well. Also Youtube montage clips of goals with a Euro trance song playing in the background.

We also need to know the answer to the vital question " Can he play in a non-ventilated shirt? "

Boys, we need to be serious and have all this details before suggesting names.

This is the difference between some kid on the inter webs and a bona fide scouting director like Alisher Apsalyamov

My predictions for ins/outs:

Out: Heitinga, Gueye (Loan)
In: McGeady/Donovan, Fernando/M'Vila

Cant see us getting a striker in as good ones are like hens teeth therefore I reckon Jelavic will stay. Sadly I think this could be the difference between us getting 4th and 5/6/7th.

BUT I must say I didnt see Romelu, Gareth Barry and Deulofeu coming in the summer.

Pull another worldy Roberto!

Thoughts chaps/chapettes?

If we could sell Jelavic for 4M or more, I would be happy with any gamble we could make with that money to get in somebody to add goals short term as Jelly is obviously not doing that. I would just trust Bobby to make a punt, and in this team I think most decent strikers with some ability would take some of the chances, as would Kone if he'd had a chance to get a run in the team. Enough to make a basic swap for Jelly be worth.

However I wouldn't like this if it was more than a one/two year contract and would mess up our budget for any bigger signings.

m'vila would be a great signing very classy operator in centre midfield would add great competition in the midfield. Suits us to a tee.

I'd be amazed if we managed to get £1m for Jelavic, never mind £4m. But then again WBA bought Big Vic for £5m or what ever it was from us!

If some one could 'fix' Jelavic then he'll give you 15 goals in any league, the problem is just how broken is he and clubs and managers / coaches know that something isn't right with him. Could be a potential bargain, could be a waste of time, money and energy.

.....wonder if Managers are looking at Jela and thinking he might well do what he did here, come in and score a bundle of goals before fading. That would be a really attractive proposition and value for money for teams near the foot of the table as it will see them safe. Only thing about Hammers is he's not an Allardyce battering ram type CF and he's got Carroll coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back