Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a long time since I've posted anything in this but would look at it daily what I'm intrigued with is I think mcgeady will come in in January initially on loan ( I believe we are allowed 1 more loan) I can't see mvila coming although this would be a immense signing but would Barry's future be thrown in the air as there similar players and I read somewere that kenwyn Jones could be a target... That's a interesting one if it was true...

I read today that Martinez has circa 10 million to spend in January I'd like us to try get a centre half and hopefully Martinez contacts can pick up the next top striker!! Here's hoping!! In Bob we trust!!!

Ooooo!! Very interesting. Great shout this a freebie with great experience who fits our style of play and he's only 26. Sign him up I reckon.

Gibson I cant see back to his best...and if he is we'll always be wondering when he *goes* again. Ledley might depend on Barry making his mind up early - though it'd still be good to have depth in these positions.

One from 'left field', Michael Mancienne......went off to Hamburg a couple of years ago....ball playing defender.

No idea how he's done over there but they want to offload to balance the books......

Gibson I cant see back to his best...and if he is we'll always be wondering when he *goes* again. Ledley might depend on Barry making his mind up early - though it'd still be good to have depth in these positions.

yes, Gibbo's glass legs always keep us fans wondering as to his on-going contribution in any season. Such a pity as I rate the guy (prefer Barry though)

I expect someone to come in from the Russian league.

We have been tentatively linked with a few player over there M'Vila/Natkho/McGeady. The fact 2 of those would cost a minimal fee due to contact ending would tie in with Martinez saying he didn't expect to be spending as such in January. (Heitinga is off, so like for like).

I think the journalists are guessing as to which player it is we are actually interested in.

yes, Gibbo's glass legs always keep us fans wondering as to his on-going contribution in any season. Such a pity as I rate the guy (prefer Barry though)

I think this role is the most important part of our team. Gibson remained unbeaten in the league for ages and now Barry is in a similar run. The inclusion of McCarthy has added even more protection to this position (take the ball of the defender and turn to begin an attack). I believe that we will look to add 1, perhaps 2 more players of this ilk (Maybe even look at Barkley dropping deeper, and signing another number 10). The central positions make the whole team tick.

I expect someone to come in from the Russian league.

We have been tentatively linked with a few player over there M'Vila/Natkho/McGeady. The fact 2 of those would cost a minimal fee due to contact ending would tie in with Martinez saying he didn't expect to be spending as such in January. (Heitinga is off, so like for like).

I think the journalists are guessing as to which player it is we are actually interested in.

I think you're right.....M'Vila would be a dream signing for me....really would add a lot to the midfield with McCarthy and Barry competing with him. No need to rush him either and could be slowly integrated if necessary.

Natkho I've had to Wikipedia him -- never heard of him....Israeli chap bought 3 years ago for under 1mil....is he any good? Is he similar to any other players I would know?

McGeady -- File under Kone / Alcaraz for me

I think this role is the most important part of our team. Gibson remained unbeaten in the league for ages and now Barry is in a similar run. The inclusion of McCarthy has added even more protection to this position (take the ball of the defender and turn to begin an attack). I believe that we will look to add 1, perhaps 2 more players of this ilk (Maybe even look at Barkley dropping deeper, and signing another number 10). The central positions make the whole team tick.

Looking at the centre midfield, I think Osman can only play behind the forward and Barkley has made that position his own. Definitely a great position to play Barkley in to ensure he is able to be somewhat in a 'free role'.

With Barry and McCarthy there is only really Gibson who can play there in the side. I was thinking Lundstram may be someone who could slowly come in there as well......however It certainly seems that we will need at least ONE more player to compete in case of injuries and/or suspensions or even if one of these 2 needs a rest.

M'Vila being linked is a dream, however it would be excellent to sign a young player to eventually take over from Barry.

Looking at the centre midfield, I think Osman can only play behind the forward and Barkley has made that position his own. Definitely a great position to play Barkley in to ensure he is able to be somewhat in a 'free role'.

With Barry and McCarthy there is only really Gibson who can play there in the side. I was thinking Lundstram may be someone who could slowly come in there as well......however It certainly seems that we will need at least ONE more player to compete in case of injuries and/or suspensions or even if one of these 2 needs a rest.

yes, I've only seen him play a few times (with the England U20 at the WC this past summer), but enough to convince me he will be an Everton 1st team player in the coming years. He is doing well on loan with Yeovil Town as well.

Long scored twice tonight although the under 21s were beaten but my question is would long be good enough for the 1st team? Even as a impact sub?

M'Vila/Fernando alongside Bruno Martins Indi I would be made up with

I actually think if we were in and around top 4 and these two came in jan it would galvanise the squad and we would make champions league......at least.

Cant see it happening....these 2 and a forward with something to prove.....the title could be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back