Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after every game I always make a point of asking which players did well for them, and could they improve our squad?

What do we think of Swansea's lot today? Jonjo Shelvey sounded like he had a decent match, caused us plenty of problems.

Nope. From watching it, I'd say Voldemort was nothing more than serviceable. I'd take De Guzman though - despite not being anything special today, he's been a consistent performer for Swansea for eighteen months.

Another player who remains worth considering is Adam Lallana - he had a great game for Southampton today.

Nope. From watching it, I'd say Voldemort was nothing more than serviceable. I'd take De Guzman though - despite not being anything special today, he's been a consistent performer for Swansea for eighteen months.

Another player who remains worth considering is Adam Lallana - he had a great game for Southampton today.

would cost a fortune, not even worth thinking about i dont think

It'll be no net spend in January, and again in the summer, so let's see what Martinez can rustle up on a non-existant budget when Lukaku, Deulofeu and potentially Barry disappear.

So Jelavic being most likely off this January, Kone injured long term and old, Lukaku and Vellios gone in the summer ... I think we are going to need a few new strikers.

I just can't see Martinez letting Jelavic go, even if he wants to AND the player wants to leave: we simply have no cover in that position. Kone is unlikely to play for us this season (and frankly i think it's unlikely that he'll EVER play for us as a result), Naismith can't play as a lone front man and now that Deulofeu is out injured, pushing Mirallas up front would leave Naismith as our only option on the right. I'd prefer to start Vellios up front than Naismith on the right. And that's all before we consider the fact that Jelavic's stock is quite low right now - why would a West Ham pay £4m or £5m for him when they could risk a similar sum on the likes of Finnbogasson, who is younger and in decent form?

We needed a right-sided winger in the summer and Deulofeu came in - now he's injured, so we need a right-sided winger now too. We also need a CM to come into the rotation with Barry and McCarthy, because Gibbo is unlikely to play this season and whilst Osman can fill in there if we're desperate I don't want to see him have run of six or eight games at CM.

have too admit Martinez inherited a quality defence from Moyes and 3 quality fullbacks in Coleman, Baines and Oviedo, I just hope he can replace the likes of distin in time with quality as I still worry in regards to his track record with defenders at wigan

have too admit Martinez inherited a quality defence from Moyes and 3 quality fullbacks in Coleman, Baines and Oviedo, I just hope he can replace the likes of distin in time with quality as I still worry in regards to his track record with defenders at wigan

Joleon Lescott is out of contract in the summer. He could be a stop gap signing with Barry while we look at other areas

pre-fuming is a bit pointless tho

True but ****ting it a bit.

Finishing top four is our only way imo of us being able to come anywhere close to this season's performance, next season.

Otherwise it's goodbye Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barry, and welcome back Kone as 30-year-old first choice striker, 32-year-old Pienaar as first choice winger with no backup and more of Osman who should be long gone, and no money unless we flog Ross.

I won't fume though I promise.

But that's why I am so desperate for us to get top four, otherwise it's downhill big style.

Butters mate.

Yes we might lose all 3 of those lads.

And yes Kone will be back. And yes Pienaar will be 32.

But there will be other ins. We didn't expect those 3 this time so who knows what we'll get next season.

We might get better players in.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez will make a personal check on Dundee United duo Andrew Robertson and John Souttar.

Martinez’s spies have told him to move for the talented young pair and the Goodison chief is now heading north to see them.

The Spaniard is planning to see left-back Robertson - a possible long-term replacement for Leighton Baines - and centre-half Souttar next week.

Martinez will run the rule over the two prospects against Hibs, the day after Everton play in the FA Cup v QPR.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-news-andrew-robertson-2953934?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back