Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s getting paid gazillions of pounds mate. He’s not going to open his window and take your pen and risk getting Covid now is he.

I know there isn't much chance mate but I'm hoping that he may see my
"I love you Gareth" sheet of paper and stop for me.

Think Bale (along with James and Thiago) will be a top signing.

He looked shackled at Madrid, inhibited. With Spurs the hand brake will be off and he will be in full flow again (if he can stay fit obviously). Thought when Cristiano left Madrid Bale would suddenly take on the mantle as the man, never happened. Not learning the language and showing very little interest in integrating into the culture of the club he always looked an outsider, including on the field. There were great individual moments, but that’s all they were, moments. With Spurs he ran games. He looks happy in all the footage of him over the past few days. He’s going somewhere he will be appreciated (though much of the lack of this at Madrid was his own fault). Be interesting to see how Kane reacts no longer being the main man, because as good as Kane is, a prime Bale is a notch above.

Think Bale (along with James and Thiago) will be a top signing.

He looked shackled at Madrid, inhibited. With Spurs the hand brake will be off and he will be in full flow again (if he can stay fit obviously). Thought when Cristiano left Madrid Bale would suddenly take on the mantle as the man, never happened. Not learning the language and showing very little interest in integrating into the culture of the club he always looked an outsider, including on the field. There were great individual moments, but that’s all they were, moments. With Spurs he ran games. He looks happy in all the footage of him over the past few days. He’s going somewhere he will be appreciated (though much of the lack of this at Madrid was his own fault). Be interesting to see how Kane reacts no longer being the main man, because as good as Kane is, a prime Bale is a notch above.

As Bale can set up chances for him I would guess that Kane would be the happiest player at the club.

Nailed it mate, proper 100% nailed it.
I was an Orient season ticket holder and we had a young Harry Kane on loan but when he went back to Spurs and came to prominence, I decided to start supporting them just because of him and when he leaves I will probably renew my season ticket back over the O's, my first true love.

Orient play Spurs next week, I'm quite torn as to who I want to win but I suppose I can support both and that's a win for me either way.
You switched the team you support because the player you had on loan went back to his parent club?

Sounds like your true love is Kane.

No never lived there but funny you should mention Enfield cos I'm here this minute at the Spurs training ground.
Because I was an Orient supporter when he was first here, I never had the enthusiasm to to this but this morning I got here nice and early at 7am to get the best posistion at the clubs training ground gates in the hope of getting a signature from my new Spurs hero Gareth Bale and as I didn't get it when he arrived, hopefully I am luckier when he leaves?
I so love Gareth Bale.

P.S.
The worlds media also seem to be here so look out for me on the tv, I'm the one in the half Orient half Spurs shirt.
This is all a bit pervy for me. You actually don’t support a club at all, you just have a crush on a professional player.

Join the club on GOT lad.

Well what happens after this season with Spurs? While Madrid will happily offer him for a relatively low fee, he's still in contract until 2022 and earns between 500-600k a week.

He was happy to join a Chinese club for the money before Madrid demanded a fee and thus scuppered a deal. He won't join Spurs on 200k a week when Chinese clubs will pay 500k, and Spurs won't lash 300k a week on a 32-year-old Bale to try and tempt him.

Looks to me like they'll need to enjoy him this season and that'll be it.

Reported in the media - many sources

Gareth Bale will be sidelined for around a month before making his Spurs debut, a slight knee injury was confirmed in the medical with Spurs anticipating it'll take him a month to get to the point of being match ready. October 17th his likely debut.

Mourinho who was calling their potential eight gsmes in 18 days early season schedule 'a joke' will therefore be without him for all of those Europa League, League Cup and premier league games.

Spurs play this Sunday, Tuesday (league cup) and Thursday (away in the Europa) followed by next weekend's league fixture and a potential two more midweek games if they get through in both cups.

With the Spurs game away to Leyton Orient being just 48hrs before the kick off away in Macedonia, Spurs will surely be playing mainly youth players at the O's so I've had a bet on Orient to win at 17-2 (Skybet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back