Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Everton finished in the bottom half of the table but what's that got to do with it?

Well it just seems unusual you would think you couldn't finish lower than 7th, or that thought may not have have entered Levy's head following an opening day defeat where you looked a bit flat.

I see Spurs as one of a group of teams who are probably around 3-4th to about 10th in the league.

Wouldn't know but if it's true I will have Gareth and a love heart on mine and as he is sponsoring Orient's shirts, I will have my over love Kane on that.

Any chance you could do some light translating for me matey?

What does Kane say at the 14 second mark? You've no doubt sat back and dreamed of his frothy lips on your bell so I figure you would be a good source.

You've suddenly became very flush!

I do wonder if the opening day of the season was a bit of a wake up call for Levy etc. To drop out of the top 4 would be one thing, but to fall out of the top 6 I'd imagine would be very damaging.

I saw you were linked with Das Bost. This fella is huge as well. Just my supposition but it looks like Mourinho wants a plan B to Harry Kane which ise sensible.

lol .He's a diver though, that lad

1600632551952.webp

Well it just seems unusual you would think you couldn't finish lower than 7th, or that thought may not have have entered Levy's head following an opening day defeat where you looked a bit flat.

I see Spurs as one of a group of teams who are probably around 3-4th to about 10th in the league.

Where is Everton in your thoughts?

Where is Everton in your thoughts?

I would say in a similar grouping, but probably further down than Spurs as they haven't had the same experiences winning as a squad as Spurs have.

I don't think we are miles better than say, Wolves, Leicester, the top 6 etc. Seems quite close to me. Maybe one of Palace/Southampton/Burnley may surprise and join the grou, but I don't see that really.

The top 6, + Everton, Leicester and Wolves to me seem in a bit of a group, with City & Liverpool a bit in front.

What do you think?

You’re lively tonight aren’t you after your radio silence last week.

Keep spreading your rumour cos the flock will happily believe it and then repeat it many times.
I was also very lively this morning as we and I lively when I came straight back on here in the morning after our horrible defeat to a lower team. The plus was that I easily batted back the many insults and digs.. I was also very polite by not making any reply to the all people saying that the Top 4 is on for Everton.

I would say in a similar grouping, but probably further down than Spurs as they haven't had the same experiences winning as a squad as Spurs have.

I don't think we are miles better than say, Wolves, Leicester, the top 6 etc. Seems quite close to me. Maybe one of Palace/Southampton/Burnley may surprise and join the grou, but I don't see that really.

The top 6, + Everton, Leicester and Wolves to me seem in a bit of a group, with City & Liverpool a bit in front.

What do you think?

I had already wrote, "4th to 7th."

I had already wrote, "4th to 7th."

More just about Everton I suppose.

Either way, I think Spurs's range is probably a bit wider, more at the bottom end but also the top and Levy may have got a bit freaked after the opening day defeat. We certainly got kicked into action following our draw with Blackpool.

I should say, which I'd imagine is the real subtext of the question, I think Spurs are a better squad than Evertons. I would be very pleased to finish above Spurs, and said as much before your good win today. It's obviously difficult to predict what is "better" as it incorporates a whole range of factors. But the squad Spurs have, minus Vertonghen and now probably Alli got to a European cup final. Two games of promise for Everton doesn't match that-on paper yet to my mind.

Football moves forward though, and Everton's squad profile is probably a little better in terms of age. I think Son/Kane will be critical for Spurs. You can see how vital Mourinho sees them as by how dejected he was when they were injured. The squad trusted and are clearly lifted when they play. They also deliver in big moments, as you've seen today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back